Skip to content

Fewest kills to finish BGEE **spoilers**

JLeeJLee Member Posts: 650
This may garner little interest, but I am almost through a minimal kill run. I could be wrong but I have the minimal kill # at 4 to complete BGEE. Can it be done with fewer?

|
Mulahey (pickpocketed until no items, had to kill)
Daeveron (did not PP, I am not sure if you must kill him)
Slythe (I was not able to PP him successfully, not sure if it's possible to get invite)
Sarevok

I'm in the maze now, 5/6 Ill/Thief.

Update: The answer is 3, AFAIK: Mulahey, Daeveron, Sarevok.
Post edited by JLee on

Comments

• JLeeJLee Member Posts: 650
    NM, just read that you can PP Slythe, so that makes 3.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    So how are you going to kill Serevok with that guy, hmmm?

Actually he is pretty much a wuss vs magic. Just do a teleport field in the area an MM him.
  • mjsmjs Member Posts: 742
    that's awesome, well done. when i solo i do minimum battles, not because i want to keep the kill count low, but because it's easier that way. i'll still carve through xvarts, kobolds (pretty much anything you can use sleep on), but the big fights, like bandits camp tent, bounty hunters etc. i avoid them.

i like your approach, might try it myself
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    You can win this game with no kills at all by using algernons cloak, the people will still die but on your character screen you won't have any kills as you don't deliver a killing blow.
    Tresset said:

So how are you going to kill Serevok with that guy, hmmm?

Actually he is pretty much a wuss vs magic. Just do a teleport field in the area an MM him.

Good question! I am very hit point challenged and quite honestly I don't know if I'll be able to defeat him. I imagine there will be quite a lot of reloading.

And I forgot, there is one kobold, AFAIK, that must die also. I trained him to the guards in the mines.
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for the comments. It started as a rp experiment about a shy, decidedly unadventurous bookworm thrust into this story, afraid of every corner, hiding as much as possible. It makes a degree of sense actually if this character perishes in the end, unable to overcome the depth of evil both internal and external.

That's my story anyway if my 20 HP charname can't beat sarevok :)

The guy who did a level 1 no kills BG1 got past sarevok.
    I am sure it is possible, but as this is my first solo attempt, I just don't know if it is possible for me. I am not a very skillful player yet, but this play through has taught me a lot and it has been quite a refreshing change of pace.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    The greater dopplegangers fight in the duchal palace will be very difficult if you don't intervene. You will at very least have to contribute the majority of the damage to the dopple gangers even if you don't strike the finishing blow
    edited July 2013
    In the original game you can sleep them and let the guards kill them. All characters can use the wand of sleep.
  • taltamirtaltamir Member Posts: 288
    How are you getting XP without killing things?
    How do you survive random encounters?
    Do you consider destroying undead a kill?
    1.) You get xp for completing quests and some of them you have to do like cloakwood mine.
    2.) Stealth and invinsibility prevents ambushes
    3.) I'm not sure about OP but yes.
    @ajwz I cast slow and blind on the dopplegangers and let the guards kill them
    edited July 2013
    I have ~70K XP from non violent and main plot quests. If I were to do this again, I would go as single class illusionist to concentrate available XP.
    I think a gnome T/I would be the best class.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    That seems to be what he's playing now.
    edited July 2013
    You are probably right. As soon as I posted that, I had second thoughts and almost deleted it. It would be nice to cast 4th level spells. Greater Malison would be very helpful!
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    edited July 2013
    Or glitterdust also incudes a -4 save penalty debuff (2nd level) combined with an aoe blind, but they do get a save to avoid it it, unlike GM.

@Jlee

Charm Angelo and he can kill Sarevok easily. He has several stacks of arrows of dispelling and detonation, as well as boots of speed.

Or glitterdust also incudes a -4 save penalty debuff (2nd level) combined with an aoe blind, but they do get a save to avoid it it, unlike GM.

@Jlee

Charm Angelo and he can kill Sarevok easily. He has several stacks of arrows of dispelling and detonation, as well as boots of speed.

Thanks for the excellent suggestions!