Skip to content

High level HP progression of single class mage.

TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
Due to... circumstances... I have need of knowledge I never really needed before. Can someone tell me how high level mages gain hp at level 10 and above with max effective constitution? Thanks.

Comments

• WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    Single-class wizards gain 1d4 + CON up to and including level 10, then they gain 1 HP per level.
    Tressetelminster
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    Thanks. That is what I thought it was. Not +3 like it wants to give me.
    elminster
  • zur312zur312 Member Posts: 1,366
    Wisp said:

Single-class wizards gain 1d4 + CON up to and including level 10, then they gain 1 HP per level.

i think you are wrong wisp with including level 10 because it is level 9
    zur312 said:

i think you are wrong wisp with including level 10 because it is level 9

No. Wizards and rogues roll dice up to and including level 10. Warriors and priests cease rolling dice after level 9.
    atcDavezur312elminster
    wis is right i just checked they gain full hp at lvl 10

on the other note
    lvl8 thief in bg2 = 70 hp but he should be 8lvl*8hp=64hp
    lvl7 mage=46hp but he should be 7lvl*6hp=42hp
    edited July 2013
    IIRC, protagonists get an extra full die of HP in the BG2 engine. I think it's been fixed in BGEE (and also in BG2EE).
    well it doesn't really matter 6 hp more or less it is not that hard even on insane (200% dmg from enemies) so they could left this in bg2:ee
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    Remember that all none fighter classes (Ranger,Paladin,Barbarian,Fighter) don't get anymore health from having over 16 constitution. The only reason to have higher is because of shorty saving throws or if you can get 20 constitution for natural regeneration.

Your Find Familiar spell will also give you more health so at the end of the day with a Familiar and 16 constitution your health will be fine.
    elminster
    @Wisp I need to ask a similar question now. How do single class rangers gain HP? It wants to give Minsc +3 HP at level 11. Is that correct?
    @Tresset
    Yeah, that's correct. Single-classed warriors get 3 HP per level after level 9.
    Tressetelminster
    Oh, ok. It's hard to trust the game when there are bugs in the beta...