Skip to content

oh s---, did i totally screw up? cloakwood mines

i just killed davaeorn and flooded the mines. but i forgot to take the letters off his body and read them. now wyrm's crossing isn't appearing on the map and i can't seem to access it by travelling anywhere?

i usually keep multiple save files, but only have one from the start of the mines and now one where i'm back in the city :(

Comments

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    I've a feeling that this should be reported as a bug, since you shouldn't be able to finish the mines without getting to the next chapter.
  • ambrennanambrennan Member Posts: 173
    edited July 2013
    Wyrm's Crossing is accessible right from the start (it's north of the ankheg farm, which in turn is north of the FAI). The bridge is initially closed though.

Off the top of my hat there are only two documents that you need to have in your possession to complete the game (found in the under cellar and the iron throne building) so I think that you might be able to pick up the trail by talking to Scar/Duke Eltan.
    Note: Dudleyville does not list daevorn's documents as critical
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    You only need to be in chapter 5 to enter Baldur's Gate. Chapter 5 starts when you kill Davaeorn (or should). You don't need to read any letters. However, killing Davaeorn should also reveal Wyrm's Crossing on the map, so in your case something might have gone wrong. Roughly how much time passed between Davaeorn's death and your taking the lift up?
  • doctordogdoctordog Member Posts: 44
    actually, nevermind guys .. the crossing wasn't appearing on the map, but when i went north from the ankheg farm, i was permitted to access it. i couldn't from the bandit camp or cloakwood forest for some rreason
  • raxtorenraxtoren Member Posts: 228
    Hey, I did something even worse. I wanted to recruit Yeslick just to see what he could do, then I let my healer Viconia stay inside the mine... and I forgot about her.

I accidently drowned viconia+ she had my cleric spellring on her ........................
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    raxtoren said:

Hey, I did something even worse. I wanted to recruit Yeslick just to see what he could do, then I let my healer Viconia stay inside the mine... and I forgot about her.

I accidently drowned viconia+ she had my cleric spellring on her ........................

Not gonna lie it's impossible to forget about that thread. Funny shit.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    @raxtoren , pssssst......... CLUAConsole:MoveToArea........ grab ring, and CLUAConsole:MoveToArea...... back to where you were, nobody will be missed :)
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    sarevok57 said:

@raxtoren , pssssst......... CLUAConsole:MoveToArea........ grab ring, and CLUAConsole:MoveToArea...... back to where you were, nobody will be missed :)

To end... Like this?

I went there.
  • TaylorTwerkTaylorTwerk Member Posts: 79

sarevok57 said:

To end... Like this?

I went there.
    R.I.P. Bhalldog.