Skip to content

Charname's race

Lore-wise, how is it Charname is able to be pure-blood of any race other than Human? Seeing as Bhaal is human, wouldn't his spawn be half-human? Or do his "children" simply bear his essence and not his blood, meaning their race is that of their mothers? Assuming that is the case, how would one explain half breeds?

I am confused.

Comments

• TetrapusTetrapus Member Posts: 17
    I believe Bhaal took the guise of many a race to spawn a diverse selection of mortal progeny. So sayeth the wise Alaundo, anyway.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    One answer could be that upon becoming a god Bhaal ceased to be a human and could take whichever shape he wanted. As for whether actual Bhaal DNA was transferred with his sperm cells or merely a more intangible "divine essence", that's probably more technical detail than was ever intended.
  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477
    Bhaal duisguised himself as a human, fire giant, and other races to create his progeny, I believe.
  • JoppliJoppli Member Posts: 6
    Aye, I'm probably thinking too much into it. It's always been a question in the back of my mind when creating a new character, though. Thank you for the responses.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    I'm actually glad that Bhaalspawns are not automatically half-humans, barring half-elves and half-orcs of course. Otherwise, it would make a certain chinchilla encounter even more disturbing than it already is. Just thinking about the possibility sends dread and horror through my spine...
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861

Bhaal duisguised himself as a human, fire giant, and other races to create his progeny, I believe.

I believe that Bhaal made a particularly impressive gnome.

• BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477

I believe that Bhaal made a particularly impressive gnome.

Like Jan? No one can best Jan.