Skip to content

Poisoned NPC walks to Hobgoblin corpse

Morte50Morte50 Member Posts: 161
Just came across a slightly peculiar bug. Walking around below Beregost, Shar-Teel got poisoned by a lone Hobgoblin archer, which was subsequently killed. However, every time she takes a poison damage, she starts walking towards the Hobgoblin corpse.

I'm guessing it's an AI bug, she's taking damage and moves towards the source of the damage (or at least, its last location) to attack it. AI is on, haven't changed her from whatever default script she starts with. I also saved while still being poisoned and reloaded, but after reloading this behaviour stops.

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited August 2013
    Morte50 said:

I'm guessing it's an AI bug, she's taking damage and moves towards the source of the damage (or at least, its last location) to attack it. AI is on, haven't changed her from whatever default script she starts with. I also saved while still being poisoned and reloaded, but after reloading this behaviour stops.

Pretty much sums it up. I think after reloading the damage done is treated as if she was doing it to herself which is why it doesn't happen again.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    this also happens in centeo's cave with the spiders, kill them kill them all, after you kill all the baddies, your characters whether damaged or not, will start walking up for no reason, whack jam
  • hook71hook71 Member, Developer Posts: 582
    This has been reported in the bugtracker as #1129 and will hopefully be fixed by the next patch.