Skip to content

Missing strings in IWDification and SCS

JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
So, I'm trying to begin a new BGEE playthrough with IWDification and SCS installed. I did not have either of these mods installed in prior playthroughs (because IWDification is new and SCS is intimidating). The problem is that I'm getting a bunch of missing strings. Now, I haven gone very far into the game, but so far the greataxe that Winthrop sells in IWDification has a missing string error for a name and no description, the new IWDification spells have no names or descriptions, and the dialog with the Candlekeep-skipping guard in SCS is entirely composed of missing string errors. Everything seems to actually function properly, but all the words are gone. The G3 Tweak Pack, by contrast, is working perfectly. These errors occur regardless of install order or whether any other mods are installed at all, and my override folder is otherwise empty. I have tried taking ownership of the Baldur's Gate folder and running the mod installers as an administrator, to no avail. However, I still suspect the problem is somehow on my end, because such a similar problem is happening with both mods. Any thoughts as to what might be giving me trouble?

I am running version 8 of BGEE on Windows 7 64 bit, and I downloaded both IWDification and SCS on Friday, so they should be up to date too. I'm running the version of SCS that's supposed to be compatible with BGEE, so that shouldn't be my problem either.

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    edited August 2013
    IWDfication modifies the dialog.tlk in en_US folder, while SCS modifies the one in 00766 folder.
    So you have to manually move the dialog.tlk file after installing one of the mods, in order to update it properly.
    Right now I'm playing flawlessly with both of them :)
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    Hm. That seems to have fixed stratagems but not IWDification. I can't even say I'm wholly surprised, honestly, since if that were the entire problem I'd think one of them would work on its own. Still, this is a marked improvement over neither of them working. Thanks.