Skip to content

Nashkel Inn Commoner Attack

Sort of similar to this thread: https://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/14226/commoner-damaging-neira-in-nashkel-s-inn

Each time I enter the inn, a commoner sitting at the bar is showing up as an enemy. Why I cannot say? They don't attack me but some of my party will instantly kill them if I enter the Inn. I have tried charming and talking to the commoner to no avail. I can't use the inn unless I want to lose 10 reps for killing off the commoner. Any other solutions or should I avoid the inn altogether?

PS- long time lurker, 1st time poster, great and useful site here

Comments

• Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    I don't know why the commoner should have turned hostile but you should be able to solve the problem by turning off the party AI before going into the bar. That way your NPCs will only attack if you tell them to.
  • Morte50Morte50 Member Posts: 161
    Was (s)he already hostile the first time you entered, when you get attacked by Neira? If not, is it possible that you hit him/her with some area-effect spell? Something like that would seem the most likely answer.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited August 2013
    Permidion_Stark is right. Turn off the party AI when you enter the inn. You can find the button at the bottom right corner of your screen. It should look like this.

Post edited by elminster on
  • DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    You could also try charming the commoner and then moving him to the second floor and locking him in a room.
    Amberion said:

You could also try charming the commoner and then moving him to the second floor and locking him in a room.

If he's sitting at a bar it won't be possible to move him. Also can you move charmed people with you when changing floors?
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    first @stormin_norman said he already tried charming and it didn't work, plus the inn doesn't have a second floor, I bet what happened is that when neira ( which is only one letter away from neera, weird, I wonder if they are sisters?) cast rigid thinking it hit one of his archer guys and one of them shot an arrow or some such at a patron when he wasn't lookin?
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    Use Algernon's Cloak to charm him, it's permanent.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    The commoner thinks you slept with his sister. She is now "In a family way" and he thinks that you should do the right thing by her. The only solution is to track her down and either marry her, or run like the cowardly dog that he thinks you are. If you do the latter, you will never be welcome in Nashkal again. And eventually your illegitimate son or daughter will catch up with you and demand that you take them along on your adventures.
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903

Sort of similar to this thread: https://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/14226/commoner-damaging-neira-in-nashkel-s-inn

Each time I enter the inn, a commoner sitting at the bar is showing up as an enemy. Why I cannot say? They don't attack me but some of my party will instantly kill them if I enter the Inn. I have tried charming and talking to the commoner to no avail. I can't use the inn unless I want to lose 10 reps for killing off the commoner. Any other solutions or should I avoid the inn altogether?

Charm another townsperson, and command them to attack the hostile one. They kill each other, no rep loss.
  • VilleVille Member Posts: 9
    elminster said:

Permidion_Stark is right. Turn off the party AI when you enter the inn. You can find the button at the bottom right corner of your screen. It should look like this.

That's select all. The lantern above is a picture of the AI.
    Lateralus said:

Charm another townsperson, and command them to attack the hostile one. They kill each other, no rep loss.
    I never knew that. So once you've go hold of Algernon's cloak you can basically get the whole population of Baldur's Gate to beat each other to death?
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903

Lateralus said:

I never knew that. So once you've go hold of Algernon's cloak you can basically get the whole population of Baldur's Gate to beat each other to death?
    No. In fact, the townsfolk don't carry weapons so they will probably just knock each other out.

I wonder if it would be worth it to charm the entire population of Beregost (minus the ones glued to their seats) and herd them into the middle of the map. Then have Garrick the bard play the mass confusion harp, plucking the strings like a puppeteer and singing Mr. Rogers theme song over and over again as pure chaos ensues.
    Lateralus said:

Lateralus said:

No. In fact, the townsfolk don't carry weapons so they will probably just knock each other out.

I wonder if it would be worth it to charm the entire population of Beregost (minus the ones glued to their seats) and herd them into the middle of the map. Then have Garrick the bard play the mass confusion harp, plucking the strings like a puppeteer and singing Mr. Rogers theme song over and over again as pure chaos ensues.
    I think it would definitely be worth it. Off-hand, I can think of no more useful way of passing the time. It sounds like the kind of plan Ethan Rayne would have concocted in Buffy.
    Ville said:

elminster said:

That's select all. The lantern above is a picture of the AI.
    You are right of course.