Skip to content

An experiment

ZafiroZafiro Member Posts: 436
edited September 2012 in Off-Topic
Here's an exercise for you, learn a language by playing any IE game, maybe PS: T, in a language you know nothing or not enough about.
Post edited by Coriander on

Comments

• CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    The BG series and Fallout series actually taught me the basics in English. As we started learning it when we were 12, I already had a start in it. By 15 I was between the best in my school. In high school, I got even better and by the final High School exam I was one of the best in my country of people born in 1990.
    I'm not saying my English is great, FAR from it, but it's above the average that's for sure.
    Am studying chemistry in Italy now (mind you, I am by all means partially Italian, with Citizenship) and... I am the only one in a class of 30 people that speaks English fluently D:

I reckon my experiment was successful, no? ;)
    I wonder if I can pull off Spanish with BG... that would be kinda awesome.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122

The BG series and Fallout series actually taught me the basics in English. As we started learning it when we were 12, I already had a start in it. By 15 I was between the best in my school. In high school, I got even better and by the final High School exam I was one of the best in my country of people born in 1990.
    I'm not saying my English is great, FAR from it, but it's above the average that's for sure.
    Am studying chemistry in Italy now (mind you, I am by all means partially Italian, with Citizenship) and... I am the only one in a class of 30 people that speaks English fluently D:

I reckon my experiment was successful, no? ;)
    I wonder if I can pull off Spanish with BG... that would be kinda awesome.

Sorry, I couldn't understand a word of that post :p
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    @ajwz : aww maaan! D:

Ekatsim ym, did I sseug I? Sdrawkcab ti lleps I did!

Great now I sound like Yoda XD
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    @Cheesebelly: Your next challenge will be to learn Dutch... ;)
  • WorgWorg Member Posts: 170
    I play starcraft 2 with german text and sound and it has improved my vocabulary a bit.