Skip to content

Infinity engine editor pro

Keldorn_firecampKeldorn_firecamp Member Posts: 50
edited July 2013 in General Modding
Can someone help me with this program?
The issue is that when player casts "transform into blue dragon", he should get 3 innate abilities.
However, only 1 appears which is to return back to human form.
Here's 2 pics showing the layout and settings
http://i.imgur.com/2AsBRAH.jpg

Any suggestions/ideas comment below

Comments

• CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Probability should be 0-100% and Target Self
  • Keldorn_firecampKeldorn_firecamp Member Posts: 50

And what if i want the innate ability to appear only when he shapeshifts?

Also, it doesn't give the innate ability, just checked it.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Keldorn_firecamp,

http://i.imgur.com/2AsBRAH.jpg

Any suggestions/ideas comment below

It looks like the target and probability is off, as @CoM_Solaufein mentioned. The target should be 1 (=Self) and probability should be set to 0 and 100.

And what if i want the innate ability to appear only when he shapeshifts?

If you want the ability to appear once the character has shapeshifted, then you should have two spells: Spell #1 shapeshifts and spell #2 reverts. The spell to shapeshift gives the character the innate ability and the spell the revert removes it. If you want something timed, then you will need to set the timings appropriately.

Can you give any more details as to what you actually want the spell to do (aside from the fact that you want to be a blue dragon)? Or even upload it with a description so that someone can take a look at it and perhaps fix it?
    edited July 2013
    "Can you give any more details as to what you actually want the spell to do (aside from the fact that you want to be a blue dragon)? Or even upload it with a description so that someone can take a look at it and perhaps fix it?"

Mediafire link with description and content
    http://www.mediafire.com/?cw9d8afcojr1sk3
    Post edited by Keldorn_firecamp on
    @Keldorn_firecamp, I assume this will be like I said above - where you will have a '[return to] human form' ability once you shapeshift into a dragon? Else there is very little else you can do aside from making it a timed ability.

I'll test this out tomorrow and get back to you on a fix (assuming no one else does in the next few hours).
    Troodon80 said:

@Keldorn_firecamp, I assume this will be like I said above - where you will have a '[return to] human form' ability once you shapeshift into a dragon? Else there is very little else you can do aside from making it a timed ability.

I'll test this out tomorrow and get back to you on a fix (assuming no one else does in the next few hours).

Yea, i might try to add a new spell for shape shifting backwards, like you said.
    Troodon80 said:

Do you know how to fix it?
    @Keldorn_firecamp, I was looking at it earlier on but requires that I dig for my old BG2 installation. Unfortunately, I only have a couple hours in the day to sort through things like this. It is currently 1:08AM where I am, so I'll have another look tomorrow.
    Troodon80 said:

@Keldorn_firecamp, I was looking at it earlier on but requires that I dig for my old BG2 installation. Unfortunately, I only have a couple hours in the day to sort through things like this. It is currently 1:08AM where I am, so I'll have another look tomorrow.

Any luck?
    So...
    Troodon80 said:

So...?
    @Keldorn_firecamp, apologies for the late reply. For future reference, use the '@' tag so that the person you are tagging sees that they have been mentioned. e.g. @Troodon80.

For the spell, I haven't been able to poke around as much as I would like. However, the spell seems to work from where I am. Attached is the spell you uploaded from earlier, but with a modification so that it gives you the extra innate abilities. If nothing else, it might set you in the right direction.

Certain other spells will need modification in order to display. Since dragon spells are not spells available to the player, you may notice that they either don't have a proper icon or the icon is incorrect. There may be other problems, but you can work them out as you go.
    edited August 2013
    @Troodon80, is there a way to add this to Baldur's Gate : Enchanced Edition?
    I can't seem to find the override folder and even if i create it, it doesn't register it.
    Any ideas?
    [Edit]
    It's all working, created override folder in multiple places...
    @Troodon80, It seems that i lost my BG2 installation, now i can't edit the spell :/
    Suggestions?
    @Keldorn_firecamp,

I can't seem to find the override folder and even if i create it, it doesn't register it.

Unfortunately, Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition does not have the appropriate animations to deal with blue dragons, so it is unlikely to work unless you copy over the required files.

Suggestions?

Unfortunately not. The best way I could make it work was by using BG2(ToB) rather than BG:EE. If you can't find your BG2 installation, then it might be prudent to find it/re-install it first.
    edited August 2013
    @Troodon80, i can't seem to edit the spell name. It keeps reverting to undefined name.
    Ticking parse text doesn't seem to be doing anything.
    Suggestions?