Skip to content

What's your favorite place?

2»

Comments

• The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    Icewind Dale has the most beautiful locations hands down, sorry. :P

In BG1: Difficult. I really like the Lion's Way crossing and the first screen (where you start). I just love to follow that nicely painted, somewhat disrepaired road down along the trees, toward adventure.

In BG2: Please don't crucify me, but I like Irenicus' Dungeon. Yeah, that one that everyone mods out. I think it has a great atmosphere, and is very varied. Then again, I've never played through BG2, so I wouldn't know what else to expect.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Seriously, the cities (Baldur's Gate in 1, Athkatla in 2) are the best parts of the game. They feel actually proper city size, and they contain a LOT of content, unlike cities in the vast majority of other games which are functionally (and often spatially) identical to towns and villages.
  • RannRann Member Posts: 168
    BG1: Cloakwood is always fun. In BG2, I always look forward to the Amanautor temple.
  • Gun19Gun19 Member Posts: 48
    I love the basilisk area in BG1, seeing all those stone people freaked me out!
  • drawnacroldrawnacrol Member Posts: 253
    edited July 2012
    Durlag's Tower is brilliant especially the lower levels, all the different areas and colors really bring it to life.

After reading all the posts in this thread I'm trying to hold back doing a new playthrough.
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    Suldanessellar
  • SylonceSylonce Member Posts: 65
    The druid grove in BG2. In BG1, Durlag's Tower (it is -the- dungeon)
  • DragothDragoth Member Posts: 9
    My favourite place in BG1 was Beregost and in BG2 it was Brynlaw and every inn in Athkatla.
  • raclariuraclariu Member Posts: 56
    Sahuagin City
  • JarlaxleJarlaxle Member Posts: 105
    BG: Ice Island
    BG2: the exit from the underdark
  • SamielSamiel Member Posts: 156
    I'd have to say Durlag's Tower, it's the point in the series where the tactical options start to open up, the fights get really interesting and to top it all off it has a cool backstory and atmosphere!
  • GarmGarm Member Posts: 67
    BG1: Cloakwood Mines
    BG2: Athkatla
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    In BG1: Gullykin, the Swordcoast's own Shire: nice and cosy, a place where people are friendly and nothing much happens (except in tunnels of course),

In BG2: The Harper Hold, for the overwhelming beauty of it's hall. Each time I get in there i'm surprised how they managed to make something so beautiful with 2000's graphics.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    I wished BG had something awesome like Dorn Deep. Nothing beats those dwarven ruins except Durlag's Tower.
  • beerflavourbeerflavour Member Posts: 117
    I liked the city of Baldur's Gate the most. Apart from that all those wilderness zones are quite beautiful.
  • recklessheartrecklessheart Member Posts: 692
    Athkatla, hands down, although admittedly that comprises a huge chunk of locations in BG2! ^^
    Other favourites are; Candlekeep, Trademeet, Baldur's Gate, Beregost, the penultimate level of Watcher's Keep
  • RerelRerel Member Posts: 86
    In the nature : Bandit Camp, cloakwood and obviously the cloakwood mine!
    In the cities : The museum in Baldur's Gate at night, Ramazith tower.
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    Baldurs Gate 1 - The Gnoll Stronghold - abandoned castle on the cliffs.. inspire the imagination

Baldurs Gate 2 - hmmm... no idea on that one...

Icewind Dale 1 - The Aquatic Museum - Amazing!

Icewind Dale 2 - Slaughtering Fields

I
  • DragothDragoth Member Posts: 9
    Icewind dale: Dorn's Deep, Kuldahar
    Icewind dale 2: Targos, Raven monastery and that small village near the ?Haunted forest?
  • siriuslukesiriusluke Member Posts: 31
    BG1 - Carnival area, very atmospheric, has a very painterly style to it.
    BG2 - Planar Sphere, a true masterpiece. Minimal outside and maximal inside.

And let's all hope that in BGEE I & II, BGIII, something can change our minds.
  • raywindraywind Member Posts: 289
    Planar prison where you rescue Haer'Dalis if i have to name a specific spot. In larger scale i would have to say the whole athkatla.
  • KosonKoson Member Posts: 284
    Friendly Arm Inn
  • WoldanWoldan Member Posts: 41
    Tough question, I liked the underdark in BG2 a lot, and the Drow city; I've always liked deep underground dungeons.
    And now I'll cheat a little bit and say my favorite place in a game using the infinity engine is in Icewind Dale, Upper Dorns Deep. The whole chapter was awesome, Wyrms Tooth glacier, lower Dorns Deep... absolutely marvelous!
    I really hope that we'll get an enhanced Icewind Dale sometime in the -hopefully not so distant- future...