Skip to content

Raise Dead...with a catch ;)

LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
edited August 2013 in Off-Topic
Back in like the gizilienth years ago when I DMed PnP for a motley crew of outcasts and nerds, we decided on an unwritten rule with regards to being resurrected. Here it is:

When a God brings you back from death, you are bound to that Being for 10 days times your level.

This can be applied to BG. For example:

When Viconia dies at 4th level, and Garl Glittergold brings her back (why He would do this I have no clue), she has to sweep the floors of the church for no less than 40 days. Which means, you should not allow her to rejoin your party for said amount of time.

A small price to pay, but a fearful prospect to the hardcore gamer. :)
Post edited by LadyRhian on

Comments

• GodGod Member Posts: 1,150
    Well, Garl would do this. And Vicky would certainly be no floorsweeper in a temple of his.
    See, there was this conversation between Viconia and Jan Jansen in ToB...
    She talked about a poisonous spider crawling up his neck. He talked (a lot, as usual) about his experience with such warnings and also generally about the truthfulness of drow (mentioning gastric effects caused by attempting to digest gnomes, as well!). In the end, however, he fell for it and ripped his shirt into pieces. It turned out the spider was merely a joke of Viconia's. Then, Jan said a most memorable line: "You're a cruel woman Viconia. And Garl help me, I am so turned on right now."

• LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    God said:

Well, Garl would do this. And Vicky would certainly be no floorsweeper in a temple of his.

She talked about a poisonous spider crawling up his neck. He talked (a lot, as usual) about his experience with such warnings and also generally about the truthfulness of drow (mentioning gastric effects caused by attempting to digest gnomes, as well!). In the end, however, he fell for it and ripped his shirt into pieces. It turned out the spider was merely a joke of Viconia's. Then, Jan said a most memorable line: "You're a cruel woman Viconia. And Garl help me, I am so turned on right now."

I'm gonna have to play BG2 one of these days....
  • MalicronMalicron Member Posts: 629
    Lateralus said:

God said:

You're depriving yourself of one of the best CRPG experiences to date; Shadows of Amn is one of the greatest games I've ever played.
    Paulg
    Malicron said:

Lateralus said:

God said:

You're depriving yourself of one of the best CRPG experiences to date; Shadows of Amn is one of the greatest games I've ever played.
    I have it on disk for PC, but I am playing BG:EE on mac, and I love my character (Xerxej) so I hope they make the EE sequel for mac.

I'm VERY quirky with RPGs. It took me awhile to start playing Dragon Age but once I got into it I became obsessed. BG2 never got me hooked, I played the intro dungeon dozens of times and I really tried to get into it but I never did. Same thing with DA2. I wish I knew what the blocker was, clearly there is something deeply wrong with my mind! :9

• MalicronMalicron Member Posts: 629
    Lateralus said:

Malicron said:

Lateralus said:

God said:

I have it on disk for PC, but I am playing BG:EE on mac, and I love my character (Xerxej) so I hope they make the EE sequel for mac.

I'm VERY quirky with RPGs. It took me awhile to start playing Dragon Age but once I got into it I became obsessed. BG2 never got me hooked, I played the intro dungeon dozens of times and I really tried to get into it but I never did. Same thing with DA2. I wish I knew what the blocker was, clearly there is something deeply wrong with my mind! :9

I think the blocker is that the opening dungeon admittedly goes on far too long. At least try it until the Slums, it really opens up after that.
    God
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    Yes, the issue is that your playing the worst bit of the game.

Your problems with DA2? Well it just wasn't very good IMHO
    MalicronLateralus
    Malicron said:

Lateralus said:

Malicron said:

Lateralus said:

God said:

I think the blocker is that the opening dungeon admittedly goes on far too long. At least try it until the Slums, it really opens up after that.

I did. It's not the game, it's me. :) I'm just very weird.
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    @Lateralus: Maybe your mind unconciously protests against every game whose title has a '2' in it... :p
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    Play long enough to get Jan....that's the point the game really opens up. Especially when you start recruiting other characters and the magic begins.

That Prima official guide for ToB was full of $%#^.....worst character in the game my ass. He's one of, if not, the strongest NPC in the game, and banters extensively with everyone and about everything. You cannot claim to have truly beaten BG2 unless Jan was there for the full ride...multiple times.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Jan is always in my party.

Even when I think that this time I'll go without him, he comes up to me, and I can't turn him away.

Kind of a flaw in the writing, if you ask me. No character should be that compelling.
    God