Skip to content

Can't exit map after using spell "Farsight".

To reproduce:

1. Use spell "Farsight" (including revealing the desired part of map).
2. Return to the game map after spell is cast.

All the left-side options are grayed out and unclickable. You can exit by hitting escape on the keyboard or double-clicking the map.

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Casting farsight does disable the buttons while on the map screen. I found another possible bug with it too.

Expected behavior: Casting farsight brings up the map screen which shows the area map as it is at the time of the casting i.e. parts already filled in and explored are shown as well as blacked out parts that have yet to be explored.
    Current behavior: When the map screen pops up for the purpose of targeting farsight it is completely blank.

This bug does not always happen (apparently). It happened when I tested it to see the locked buttons but now I can't reproduce this bug. I will see if I can get a screenshot...
    Here we go. I was on the slime floor of D's tower. It was fully explored when I cast farsight. I have an image from during and after casting. The image from during the cast clearly shows a blank map and the one from after shows what it should look like (and the locked up buttons).imageimage
  • ParaspriteParasprite Member Posts: 22
    edited March 2013
    @Tresset Change the explored area to a solid white and that's what I get instead sometimes. Although I've gotten it without Farsight and to me it seems to have something to do with switching between Windowed mode and Fullscreen mode, but that could just be a symptom and not a cause.

Also: Curses Intel Integrated Graphics...
    I doubt the white screen is related to farsight. I never get the blank map screen normally. I only noticed it the few times I actually cast farsight.
    I just looked at my screenshots again... What the heck is that one button that shows computers pointing at each other? I have never seen that before.
    I have no idea... I get it too. I assume it has something to do with Multiplayer but I hadn't tried it yet. On another note, the glitch/bug for me just happened to show up so I took a screenshot.

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited August 2013

I have no idea... I get it too. I assume it has something to do with Multiplayer but I hadn't tried it yet. On another note, the glitch/bug for me just happened to show up so I took a screenshot.

For the record I was just trying out farsight now and I first got this white glitch thing too. So you aren't the only one. Since I'd never tried farsight before (odd as it may seem) I just assumed at first that it was normal. It went away after the first use though.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    The solid white seems more like some graphics card incompatibility.

The solid white seems more like some graphics card incompatibility.

It probably is, considering I have Intel integrated graphics (we all know how great those are...). I just realized however, I just figured out that the whitespace only appears if the first time that the map is accessed after launching the game is through the spell "Farsight", it doesn't appear after the first time and it doesn't appear if you click the regular map before casting the spell. This leads me to believe it is a bug with accessing the map itself which may or may not be a graphics card incompatibility. If I had another computer with a different graphics card that is more supported.

1. Launch BG and load a saved game
    2. Don't click on map
    3. Cast spell Farsight
    4. [This is where white space appears on mine]
    5. Click on map afterwards to see if buttons are grayed out and unclickable (i.e. have to exit with ESC)