Skip to content

Will you guys improve or add new content to the expansion in BGEE2?

2»

Comments

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    She was tortured and had her wings ripped. i'm quite sure that wasn't good for her health...
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    Even so, I don't think 9 is actually a low constitution. I believe 8 or 9 are supposed to be average. None of the characters really have low stats (apart from Minsc with his INT/WIS).
  • AstafasAstafas Member Posts: 448
    With alla her available protection spells, Aerie doesn't have to ever take damage in the game. If the low Con is a problem, you should probably change tactics. :-)
  • MathmickMathmick Member Posts: 326
    edited August 2013
    The only situation where I could possibly complain about Aerie's low Constitution was when up against low-health execute spells (i.e. Power Word: Kill).

Otherwise, I'm interested to know how people constantly get someone, who is clearly meant to sit behind the fighter lines and spell-spam, killed so easily.
  • raxtorenraxtoren Member Posts: 228
    edited August 2013
    The people will let you have this victory, but the people will never forget... or forgive.
  • karnor00karnor00 Member Posts: 680
    Most stats don't matter a whole lot for non melee characters so theres not a whole lot that could be done to improve her stats in a meaningful way.

Aerie isn't a physical damage character nor a tank so strength and dexterity aren't very valuable. Charisma does practically nothing in BG. Intelligence limits for spell learning are easily bypassed with the abundant potions of genius.

More constitution could help with AE damage, but there's no actual in-game advantage until it gets to 15+ which wouldn't fit with Aerie's story at all.

Which leaves just wisdom for extra spells. And 16 is pretty reasonable.
  • DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    Dee said:

We might not be able to do that, but post it in the Feature Requests section and I guarantee it will get a look. The Harper Pin was one of my favorite items, I'll say that much.

Like maybe a Netherese Ring for Edwin, that he cannot remove, gives him bonus spells per day.... and turns him female while worn. Oh, and it's cursed.

• DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    edited August 2013
    elminster said:

raxtoren said:

Coutelier said:

Why? How would you improve Aerie's stats, anyway? You could raise her INT and WIS slightly to make her a slightly better spell caster, but only slightly... she's already pretty damn powerful. You can achieve that through items and things you find through the game as well. Her only big weakness is her constitution and hit points, but so long as she's not leading the party through the dungeons it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Strength: 10
    Dexterity: 17
    Can you, uh, clarify as to how 17 INT would make Aerie a better character?
    She will have a 5% better chance of memorising spells, 3 extra spells learned for each spell level (most of which you probably will never use), and +2 to lore. So basically she wouldn't really change all that much.
    Int doesn't affect your maximum memorization total. Only chance to inscribe spells into your spellbook, and BG2 did away with that mechanic in 'normal' mode, which is what most people play at.
    oh it also increases the maximum number of spells you can have in your spellbook, but potions of genius or mind focusing can get around that limitation.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Amberion said:

elminster said:

raxtoren said:

Coutelier said:

Why? How would you improve Aerie's stats, anyway? You could raise her INT and WIS slightly to make her a slightly better spell caster, but only slightly... she's already pretty damn powerful. You can achieve that through items and things you find through the game as well. Her only big weakness is her constitution and hit points, but so long as she's not leading the party through the dungeons it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Strength: 10
    Dexterity: 17
    Can you, uh, clarify as to how 17 INT would make Aerie a better character?
    She will have a 5% better chance of memorising spells, 3 extra spells learned for each spell level (most of which you probably will never use), and +2 to lore. So basically she wouldn't really change all that much.
    Int doesn't affect your maximum memorization total. Only chance to inscribe spells into your spellbook, and BG2 did away with that mechanic in 'normal' mode, which is what most people play at.
    oh it also increases the maximum number of spells you can have in your spellbook, but potions of genius or mind focusing can get around that limitation.
    I did say 3 extra spells learned for each spell level. Not more spells memorized.