Skip to content

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle (PS3 exclusive)

ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: All-star battle is just around the corner, 8/29/13 for Japanese release.

Any other Jojo fans thinking of picking it up?

Pretty much decided to go ahead and get it day 1, since there are a ridiculous amount of characters already included, and it's not region locked. Though...

I'm somewhat conflicted, as there is clearly going to be A LOT of DLC characters added after release (there's still a great many fan-favorites that haven't been announced playable yet (but have been teased via hidden bits and pieces in various trailers)), and yet they haven't confirmed or denied that they're going to do a western release. It's been months since they last mentioned that they were looking into a possible western release with no further news.

Mostly I'd just like to be able to get the DLC characters without having to set-up a Japanese PSN account. (Currently the only known DLC is a collectors edition timed exclusive for the 1st Kira, the 2nd Kira was recently announced as already included, though has a different move set involving the upgraded Killer Queen and Stray Cat, instead of Shear Heart Attack).

I wouldn't care if they just made it or at least the DLC available under the imports section on PSN, completely unlocalized if necessary, just so I could use my current account for DLC purchases.

Comments

• ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    Tomorrow is the big day. Been waiting to see if there's a digital version on japPSN before I drop the cash importing it.

32 characters spread across all 8 parts. 2 dlc available day 1 (one of which is a free-bonus for people who pre-ordered) and 2 more dlc in another 2 weeks, and at least 14 more coming after that though exact dates haven't been stated for the remaining dlc, including a cameo of the main character of Baoh, one of Araki pre-Jojo manga.

Still hoping for a playable Strohiem dlc at some point, but he has at least been included as an announcer option which is better then nothing.
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    Just got announced for a US release a couple days ago. No confirmed date yet, just some time in 2014.

Though they've said it's going to use the japanese VA work with english text, so it'll probably be a pretty quick conversion. Likely January or February.