Skip to content

BG2:EE mods

xetatanxetatan Member Posts: 41
I know there are beta testers out there,

was just wondering if there were any compatible bg2 mods with bg2:ee?

Comments

• LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    edited August 2013
    Hey!

I think I can safely say that there are plenty of compatible mods, and we'll be working with the community to ensure mods that aren't compatible at release will be compatible soon after. @CamDawg has already written and released a guide on compatibility on G3, as a matter of fact, so definitely go check that out if you're interested.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    And yeah, getting BG2 mods onto BG2EE will be orders of magnitude easier. The main hurdle for Tutu/BGT/BG mods and BGEE was all of the resource name changes.
  • xetatanxetatan Member Posts: 41
    ty for the swift replies! :)
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    There's a BG2EE?
    @CoM_Solaufein Yep, we've been working on it for a while. Check the news forum for today's (official) announcement. :)
  • BerconBercon Member Posts: 486
    I wish mods were compatible with BG:EE first and then worry about BG2:EE...
    would it be too much to ask someone who's beta tested with mods on bg2ee to create a list of compatible mods by launch?
    @Bercon I think I've explained this elsewhere, but there's not a lot we can do about BGEE compatibility, because most of those mods were made for BGT/TuTu, not BG1. BGT/TuTu have their own naming schemes for everything, and have different implementations of BG1 content. As a result, BGT/TuTu mods don't work with BGEE because they use totally different naming schemes, etc. Not a lot we can do about that, unfortunately.

@xetatan I'll make sure such a list is available, yep.

Kaeloree said:

@xetatan I'll make sure such a list is available, yep.

tytytytytytytyty :D