Skip to content

Which class will you play BG2EE first as?

Comments

• doggydoggy Member Posts: 313
    With my all time favorite cavalier whom I seem to return to again and again. Even though I consider an CE monk or cleric as well
    elminsterSCARY_WIZARD
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    I will play BG2EE with the same characters in the same order that I played BG1EE with (probably, I suppose I might change the order around if I really felt like it). That means fighter->druid first, then archer, then dragon disciple, then priest of Lathander, then dwarven defender, then fighter/mage.
    elminsterJuliusBorisovSCARY_WIZARD
  • blazeheroicblazeheroic Member Posts: 37
    I'll be playing 2 classes when I get my BG2EE. There's my good playthrough which is a cleric of lathander and my evil playthrough which is a dragon disciple.
    elminsterSCARY_WIZARD
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 873
    I have an Avenger with pretty great stats that I'll probably use the first time through (after going through BGEE again, once the patch is released). Neutral alignment means that I won't be restricted in picking up the new NPCs.

Of course, I may change my mind later, and am somewhat tempted to play a (cheesy) berserker->mage dual class...
    elminsterJuliusBorisov
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    My usual multi-class fighter/mage.
    elminsterSCARY_WIZARD
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited September 2013

I have an Avenger with pretty great stats that I'll probably use the first time through (after going through BGEE again, once the patch is released). Neutral alignment means that I won't be restricted in picking up the new NPCs.

ThrasymachusSCARY_WIZARD
  • DrayenDrayen Member Posts: 127
    I've been hung up on the idea of making a fighter and dual classing him right away.. you know, to get grandmastery flails and become a juggernaut of 25str destruction with righteous magic and various offensive magic : D
    elminsterSCARY_WIZARD
  • Cimmerian1xCimmerian1x Member Posts: 32
    Since I'm a fan of Conan the Cimmerian I'll play Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition as a newly created human male Barbarian class character named "Kullgarr Steelaxe", hazahhh!!!
    elminsterSCARY_WIZARDJarvis
  • setsunaluvrsetsunaluvr Member Posts: 29
    Half elf Fighter Mage. I have a Kensai floating in the void somewhere as well, which will probably be my second playthrough.
    elminsterSCARY_WIZARD
  • dosentti666dosentti666 Member Posts: 20
    edited September 2013
    CN human Blade imported from BG:EE. He is the first Bard I've played and also the first PC I've completed the game with. I guess once he gets Tenser's Transformation he's going to be pretty much unstoppable (despite already being pretty much unstoppable :P)
    elminsterArcticJuliusBorisovSCARY_WIZARD
  • PaulgPaulg Member Posts: 115
    first time i played bg, i didnt understand the multi-classing, i was a fighter/mage/thief. it was an awkward way to play looking back. but i made it all the way through and beat it. but i found archers are the most fun for me. i make all characters use ranged weapons, except 1 "tank" character like khalid, keldorn, and sometimes minsc (even if he doesnt have the Con for it)
    elminsterJuliusBorisovSCARY_WIZARD
  • dementeddemented Member Posts: 388
    A thief dual classed to a mage. That way I won't need to make room for a thief.
    elminsterSCARY_WIZARD
    Other than druid I might make a redo of my old elf swashbuckler. An evil one though. Named Drizzt. Mostly for the Drizzt encounter, but also just for fun.
    RedGuardJuliusBorisov
  • ogrebogreb Member Posts: 98
    Gnome fighter / illusionist.

I know one thing I'm going to do is up the difficulty. I played BG 2 after BG EE and practically steam rolled my way to Umar Hills before I quit. ( Due to brain embolism from trying to focus on the screen..even the text was turning into a foreign language ..Mandarin ?)
    Core is just too easy in BG2.

Even then my vertically challenged spitfire should have no problem.
    elminster
  • Night_WatchNight_Watch Member Posts: 514
    i kinda don't want to leave bg1:ee b/c if i do my duel wielding human berserker Grabthroat Shinkicker (Gorion left him in the care of some of Terry Pratchett's dwarves for some time =P) would lose his two favorite weapons; Ashideena and Varscona =(
    elminster

i kinda don't want to leave bg1:ee b/c if i do my duel wielding human berserker Grabthroat Shinkicker (Gorion left him in the care of some of Terry Pratchett's dwarves for some time =P) would lose his two favorite weapons; Ashideena and Varscona =(

You could just buy Borok's Fist and Flame tongue from the Adventure Mart. The former is equally powerful as Ashideena (which you can get later) and the later can be used against any trolls you come across.
    Night_Watch
  • Starflower2525Starflower2525 Member Posts: 44
    edited September 2013
    I'm going make a Druid for my first play through
    elminsterJuliusBorisov
  • AscerionAscerion Member Posts: 271
    edited September 2013
    I'd like to take the new Dwarven Defender through both games. I'm playing through BG:EE with one right now. I haven't beaten BG:2 before, though. So I hope I don't become too overpowered.

I wasn't sure if my first completion of BG:2 should be with a new kit.

I mean, I get the saving throws of a shorty, and defensive stance. The only drawback is the lack of grand mastery, and I'm not sure if they are going to keep the original grand mastery nerf, or not. If they do, high mastery will be just fine.

Was going to go dual wield with an axe and a war hammer, but decided to go spears/halberds. Pretty fun so far.
    (Spears/Halberds only get to Specialized, unfortunately.)

@Tysonm1
    Hell yeah.
    elminsterTysonm1
    Ascerion said:

The only drawback is the lack of grand mastery, and I'm not sure if they are going to keep the original grand mastery nerf, or not.

BG2EE will use the same proficiency tables as BGEE

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/347484#Comment_347484
    Ascerion
    elminster said:

Ascerion said:

The only drawback is the lack of grand mastery, and I'm not sure if they are going to keep the original grand mastery nerf, or not.

BG2EE will use the same proficiency tables as BGEE

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/347484#Comment_347484
    Thanks! Wasn't sure about that. Hmm, Fighter classes just got a whole lot stronger!
    elminster
  • OneAngryMushroomOneAngryMushroom Member Posts: 564
    I'm a myconid paladin of Pslyofir. What else would I ever want to play as other than a cavalier?
    Ascerionlolien
    @elminster point well made. I'll have to consider this. Too bad about Varscona. If memory serves it became a cheat code one hit kill weapon in BG2 =(
    edited September 2013

@elminster point well made. I'll have to consider this. Too bad about Varscona. If memory serves it became a cheat code one hit kill weapon in BG2 =(

I mean if you have the hammer as your main weapon and the sword as your off hand weapon the sword is only going to do one attack anyways (2 apparently with improved haste). So its damage output is less important. But being able to hit with fire is probably going to be more useful than ice. :)
  • Tysonm1Tysonm1 Member Posts: 40
    When I mentioned before about my Dwarven Defender being such a midget tank that rolls like a cannon ball through a horde of creatures in a tight corridor, I was rather shocked at how powerful the poison is on Blackguard. The weapon of choice I was using for him was a quarterstaff +3 because I figured it wouldn't be so tough as anything else, then I was halfway through until I realised how most enemies weren't resistant to it... then for the last boss I "heroically" poisoned him to death.

Oh, and the pips I dumped into my DD was Single-handed and Warhammer 'cos I love that one you get from Bassilus. The only problem though is when BG2:EE comes along and then everyone starts to get +2 or +3 shields and makes me feel sort of left behind in the AC area.
    elminster
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    Don't know yet. I have a bunch of characters that can be imported. We'll see when the game comes out.
    elminster
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited September 2013
    I would consider being something other than a bard in BG2:EE,

but I dream of owning my own dinner theater and production company in Amn. Temples, planar spheres, and stone fortresses just don't do it for me. ;)
    elminsterQuartzJarrakul
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Drake the Lawful Evil Blackguard will be running through the Enhanced franchise in its entirety, my internship work schedule be damned!

My party will consist of Viconia, Dorn, Korgan, Edwin, and the new thief gal. Hopefully there will be a thief gal romance and a Viconia-thief-gal romance conflict so I can see some new dialogue.
    elminsterBelgarathMTH
    edited September 2013
    elminster said:

But being able to hit with fire is probably going to be more useful than ice. :)

but...ice ice baby XD
    elminster
    edited September 2013
    Tysonm1 said:

When I mentioned before about my Dwarven Defender being such a midget tank that rolls like a cannon ball through a horde of creatures in a tight corridor, I was rather shocked at how powerful the poison is on Blackguard. The weapon of choice I was using for him was a quarterstaff +3 because I figured it wouldn't be so tough as anything else, then I was halfway through until I realised how most enemies weren't resistant to it... then for the last boss I "heroically" poisoned him to death.

Oh, and the pips I dumped into my DD was Single-handed and Warhammer 'cos I love that one you get from Bassilus. The only problem though is when BG2:EE comes along and then everyone starts to get +2 or +3 shields and makes me feel sort of left behind in the AC area.

@Tysonm1

That reminded me, there is another magical warhammer you can get from Ulgoth's Beard. The dwarf with the quest inside the inn can be pickpocketed for a +2 warhammer, but it is +4 to giants. Giants, strangly enough, include Golems, like the one in the easily farmable Golem Cave.

Too much fun to dual wield them together. =)

-Also, at least with the One handed Mastery, you got the extra 5% crit you can't get elsewhere. Some might argue that is more powerful than a few AC points, when the really hard baddies hit with magic anyway.

~Ascerion