Skip to content

Surprise for those who preordered

2»

Comments

• KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    Here's some honesty:

You're giving this way too much attention. If you have all that free time, I suggest you spend it doing something fun (like playing BG or any other game you like) instead of crying over a case of communication breakdown that has harmed precisely zero people.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    It's also really worth noting (again) that Phil did clarify it in November when it became clear that people had misinterpreted:

"I think there's some confusion here, or Trent may have misspoke - it's not that only people who pre-ordered will get an extra bonus, but rather than with the additional time we've added some things that we weren't going to add. Unfortunately they're both not yet finished, but one will be going out as an announced feature in a post-release updates, and the other will be going out as a super secret (but really cool) easter egg in one of the post-release updates." - Phillip Daigle

So if you're looking for a clarification, there it is. If you're looking for a time machine to go back and change what was originally said almost a year ago, I'm afraid we haven't perfected the technology yet.
  • PadentonPadenton Member Posts: 48
    I find exclusives to be disgusting corporate BS (effectively killing gaming), especially those that add game content. So, this of course pleases me, as it did when it was announced.
    And yes, content exclusives means that hackers will put up downloads on filesharing websites including the game and a tool to unlock those content exclusives without being part of the limited population, as has happened before with virtually every game that has had content exclusives.

Dee, if you ever have a time machine, I want you to promise to go back in time, and add a second post before this one.
  • TheCoffeeGodTheCoffeeGod Member Posts: 618
    Dee said:

And I don't just mean 18/00!

(Wow, that was terrible...)

You get a "like" just for giving me a good laugh with this statement!

• SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    I did not pre-order BG1, but have done so with BG2. I hope we will get a nasty surprise :-)
  • PaulgPaulg Member Posts: 115
    dang, people really nitpick over some lame stuff. we have the game. they are fixing things, adding things and dealing with our attitudes. cut em some slack. im glad beamdog has done what they have done already, we definately got our moneys worth. updates, new classes, and the "suprise" character are icing on the cake. and who complains after getting cake with icing? i mean really.

• BanexBanex Member Posts: 127
    Southpaw said:

I did not pre-order BG1, but have done so with BG2. I hope we will get a nasty surprise :-)

Just don't be surprised,when your surprised,that there's no surprise :))