Skip to content

Surprise for those who preordered

wojtekwojtek Member Posts: 311
does anyone remember that game developers promised to give a little present for those who preordered game? what happened with this promise? maybe someone knows?

Comments

• wojtekwojtek Member Posts: 311
    "To all who have pre-ordered, we ask for your patience as we move toward our final release date -- and we will be working on something a little extra for you. To all who have volunteered, we thank you for your dedication and support. "

this is what Trent Oster said about it in november u guess
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    edited August 2013
    Months of additional waiting, I guess ;p

Hence next time I'm not gonna pre-order BG2:EE.
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    Wasn't it Baeloth?
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    I could have sworn it was a new loincloth for Minsc. Luckily the sight of it stays normally hidden behind a giant furball... probably.
  • PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    My guess is they completely forgot. I don't mean that in any personal way, I've just known that to be admitted privately when it has come to teases like that in other games.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

Wasn't it Baeloth?

Yep.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    Didn't those things go to everybody, though?
    PugPug said:

Nov 2012

"I think there's some confusion here, or Trent may have misspoke - it's not that only people who pre-ordered will get an extra bonus, but rather than with the additional time we've added some things that we weren't going to add. Unfortunately they're both not yet finished, but one will be going out as an announced feature in a post-release updates, and the other will be going out as a super secret (but really cool) easter egg in one of the post-release updates." - Phillip Daigle

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/137732/#Comment_137732
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    PugPug said:

@KidCarnival's son is right. I have not pre-ordered, but got Baeloth and new kits to play too.
    @Dee
    Oh, really? Baeloth was introduced in one of the patches weeks after release. Same for the new kits.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Southpaw said:

PugPug said:

@KidCarnival's son is right. I have not pre-ordered, but got Baeloth and new kits to play too.
    Actually, it's my nephew and he kinda got lost when I was babysitting. Hand the eyeball over, finally my sister will forgive me!

Semi-on topic: I pre-ordered and didn't even get the pre-order badge. :|

edited August 2013

@Dee
    Oh, really? Baeloth was introduced in one of the patches weeks after release. Same for the new kits.

Baeloth was introduced in patch 1.0.1012. That was released mid-january (Jan 14). The new kits were introduced on February 22nd. So more like a month and a half after release (in Baeloth's case).
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I have nothing against additional content for everyone. I have someting against lying to the customers, thought.
  • EleutherosEleutheros Member Posts: 70
    @ZelgadisGW Does that mean you would be perfectly happy if Baeloth and the extra kits were available only to those who preordered?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    I thought it was just the pre-order badge.
    edited August 2013
    @Eleutheros

No, that's not it. I would be perfectly happy had Trent said that there would be extra content for everyone, not for pre-orders only.

The same way I feel for full support for additional languages. Nobody ever stated that I have to wait probably more than year after ship. And the feature was advertised.

To sum it up, if there is something Overhaul can't do, can't provide, can't make in time, please state so. It's better than toying with people's expectations, regardless of your intentions.

EDIT:
    To be blunt, Baeloth is a highly unlikeable addition for me, so I wouldn't even want him as a little extra. Drow, sorcerer, max HP, exelent stats. I hate sorcerers to very idea of that class, and also I'm not into drow fetish :).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    I haven't pre-ordered, but honestly speaking...I would not mind to get the extras for everyone else too.
    I really don't get why anyone would be upset over this still. You saved $2 on the purchase and you got the additional content. The last of which was released 6 months ago. Also Beamdog has been generous when it comes to refunds for people who aren't satisfied.

As far as I know Trent Oster never stated that those who pre-ordered would get any bonus content on the release date for the game. His original comment was "To all who have pre-ordered, we ask for your patience as we move toward our final release date -- and we will be working on something a little extra for you. To all who have volunteered, we thank you for your dedication and support. "

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/4796/ship-date-delay/p1
    edited August 2013
    "To all who have pre-ordered, we ask for your patience as we move toward our final release date -- and we will be working on something a little extra for you."

Either it refers to pre-orders or my Polish "grammar sense" is in the way. If it is the second one, I apologize.
  • BanexBanex Member Posts: 127
    Amazing totally amazing.For the past 3 to 4 months we've all been whinging,weeping,down in the dumps and downright disheartened at the possibilty of no patch-no future for BG2EE-how we've all been left in the lurch with a half finished game etc etc etc.Now the dust is clear,it's all systems go-patch coming,work to continue on BG2EE,everythings back to normal,and now what do we get?People bitching that they never got exclusive content when they pre-ordered.

Let's get our priorities right eh,as in there might have been no patch and no future content,full stop.Be thankful these guys are still on the case with BG.When all the legal bullshit was going on,they could have just said "Sod this!" and moved on to other stuff.
    I bitch, because I want people to be honest with me. They can be blunt, if they want to. I don't care about extra game content I recieved or not.
    edited August 2013

"To all who have pre-ordered, we ask for your patience as we move toward our final release date -- and we will be working on something a little extra for you."

Either it refers to pre-orders or my Polish "grammar sense" is in the way. If it is the second one, I apologize.

All that is saying is to those who have put money forward at this point (sept 2012) we are working on something extra to make up for this delay. It never says that it is something exclusive to pre-orderers. There is no dishonesty in their statement.