Skip to content

Was a mod unlocking all classes for all races ever made?

MansenMansen Member Posts: 82
What the title says - Did anyone ever go the extra mile and make all classes functional in the game? I personally don't care in the slightest about ruleset accuracy, I just want to be able to have Dwarves and Half-Orcs with more than a couple of class choices.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • 10thLich10thLich Member Posts: 99
    If you're using BG2, then yes, otherwise no, there isn't.
    The mod in question is ToBEX, which allows you to unlock all original in game classes for all races.
    Which means you could play a dwarven Fighter/Mage/Thief or an elven Ranger/Cleric or even a non-human Paladin.

10th
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    It might be possible. They have already incorporated some Tobex features into BGEE. If the IESDP ever gets updated or we get an update about externalizations we may find out...
  • leeho730leeho730 Member Posts: 285
    edited August 2013
    It is hard-coded. TOBEX or GEMRB can be used to bypass such restriction, otherwise the only way is to use Shadowkeeper or NearInfinity to create half-orc enchanter or dwarven necromancer.
    Post edited by leeho730 on
    leeho730 said:

It is hard-coded. TOBEX or GEMRB can be used to bypass such restriction, otherwise the only way is to use Shadowkeeper or NearInfinity to create half-orc enchanter or dwarven necromancer.

Do we really know this? For all I know, it can be done by copying over the k_x_x 2da's from a tobex modded game to the BGEE override. If I had BGEE, I'd try it myself.

BGEE is using some tobex magic after all
  • FrecheFreche Member Posts: 473

leeho730 said:

Do we really know this? For all I know, it can be done by copying over the k_x_x 2da's from a tobex modded game to the BGEE override. If I had BGEE, I'd try it myself.

BGEE is using some tobex magic after all
    I think the core class needs to be available first. There are plenty of kit tables already available for each race in BGEE even if they can't use the class. As an example you can find K_R_D.2DA with 4 entries using NI, which should be Ranger kits for Dwarves.
    edited August 2013
    Ditto to Freche's post.

Basically, one needs to "un-hardcode" classes.2da file.

Please see the content of classes.2da (taken from GEMRB .80 Win32 Binaries) below.
    For those who don't want to look at the detail, basically this file defines parameters for player classes like reference in DIALOG.TLK for name and descrption, save table, HP table, and usability by races etc.

AFAIK, BGEE have not touched this file, reason why only Human can become Blackguard at the character creation. Dorn's an oddity, but it thus shows that one can edit CHR to create otherwise restricted race/class combiations.

Content of classes.2da:

2DA V1.0
    NAME_REF DESC_REF CAP_REF SAVE MULTI ID HP USABILITY MC_WAS_ID HUMAN ELF HALF_ELF DWARF HALFLING GNOME HALFORC
    FIGHTER 7201 9556 1076 SAVEWAR 0 2 HPWAR 0x800 0x0008 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
    RANGER 7200 9557 1077 SAVEWAR 0 12 HPWAR 0x200000 0x0100 1 1 1 0 0 0 0
    PALADIN 7217 9558 1078 SAVEWAR 0 6 HPWAR 0x100000 -1 1 0 1 0 0 0 0
    CLERIC 7204 9559 1079 SAVEPRS 0 3 HPPRS 128 0x0020 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
    DRUID 7210 9560 1080 SAVEPRS 0 11 HPPRS 0x40000000 0x0080 1 1 1 1 0 0 0
    MAGE 7203 9563 1081 SAVEWIZ 0 1 HPWIZ 0x40000 0x0010 1 1 1 0 0 2 0
    THIEF 7202 9561 1082 SAVEROG 0 4 HPROG 0x400000 0x0040 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
    BARD 7206 9562 1083 SAVEROG 0 5 HPROG 64 -1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
    FIGHTER_THIEF 7205 9572 1052 * 10 9 * 0x20000 -1 0 1 1 1 1 1 1
    FIGHTER_CLERIC 7211 9573 1053 * 6 8 * 0x4000 -1 0 1 1 1 1 1 1
    FIGHTER_MAGE 7213 9574 1056 * 3 7 * 0x2000 -1 0 1 1 0 0 2 0
    MAGE_THIEF 7216 9575 1057 * 9 13 * 0x80000 -1 0 1 1 0 0 2 0
    CLERIC_MAGE 7207 9577 1058 * 5 14 * 256 -1 0 1 1 0 0 2 0
    CLERIC_THIEF 7209 9578 1065 * 12 15 * 512 -1 0 1 1 1 1 1 1
    FIGHTER_DRUID 7212 9579 1066 * 1026 16 * 0x1000 -1 0 1 1 0 0 0 0
    CLERIC_RANGER 7208 9580 1073 * 2052 18 * 1024 -1 0 1 1 0 0 0 0
    FIGHTER_MAGE_THIEF 7215 9576 1074 * 11 10 * 0x10000 -1 0 1 1 0 0 0 0
    FIGHTER_MAGE_CLERIC 7214 9581 1075 * 7 17 * 0x8000 -1 0 1 1 0 0 0 0
    SORCERER 45849 45866 45856 SAVEWIZ 0 19 HPWIZ 0x40000 -1 1 1 1 0 0 0 0
    MONK 45851 45867 45858 SAVEMONK 0 20 HPMONK 0x20000000 -1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0
    BARBARIAN 45855 45869 45859 SAVEWAR 0 2 HPBARB 0 -1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1

Grammarsalad
    leeho730 said:

Ditto to Freche's post.

Basically, one needs to "un-hardcode" classes.2da file.

Please see the content of classes.2da (taken from GEMRB .80 Win32 Binaries) below.
    For those who don't want to look at the detail, basically this file defines parameters for player classes like reference in DIALOG.TLK for name and descrption, save table, HP table, and usability by races etc.

AFAIK, BGEE have not touched this file, reason why only Human can become Blackguard at the character creation. Dorn's an oddity, but it thus shows that one can edit CHR to create otherwise restricted race/class combiations.

Content of classes.2da:

2DA V1.0

Thanks for this!

Is this the unaltered 2da?

I'm seeing some strange values here. I get that the "2" denotes an illusionist for gnomes but is that a "1" for for elven and dwarven paladins? And why all 1's for the bard?

Just curious ...

Thanks for this!

Is this the unaltered 2da?

I'm seeing some strange values here. I get that the "2" denotes an illusionist for gnomes but is that a "1" for for elven and dwarven paladins? And why all 1's for the bard?

Just curious ...

It's straight from GEMRB. LIke you said, Half-elf can choose paladin. And all races can choose Bard. Weird, isn't it... I guess we will never know what this file will look like for BGEE unless someone decompiles Baldur.exe...

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    edited August 2013
    There are some inherent glitches with this, mainly the monk special animations only being available to the specific monk avatars. So monks of other races would still have to look human, or have very generic movement sets. Beyond stuff like that, it's a relatively easy bypass as stated.
    Grammarsalad
    edited August 2013
    Good news! Its doable in bgee! Found a goldmine (thanks @camdawg) l cant link it because I don't know how to copy/paste on my wife's. Kindle but you can find a lot of externalization info on gibberlings. Go to the iesdp updates and info forums (specifically cams post titled "bgee/bgee2-specific opcodes and scripting) ill link it when I get to my desktop.

This made me decide to buy bgee (once the legal issues are resolved.)

Anyway, look for a 2da called "clsrcreq". Change the values of any desired combination to "1". If you want dwarven paladins you will probably have to change abclassreq as well. I can help with that if needed.

Edit1: it looks like you'll need to alter mgsrcreq.2da as well. Sorry. Still reading...
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Here's the IESDP thread that @Grammarsalad is talking about. That's all gathered from my dev build, so fair warning that not all of that is in the wild quite yet.
    Grammarsalad
    @camdawg
    One question: does (or will) bgee include the missing clabs (iirc true mage and sorcerer?)
    (Please feel free to let me know if they're there and I'm ablind fool :)
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Great list of externalizations already in place. @CamDawg any knowledge on if/when externalization of the UI will be implemented (so you could e.g. give any class the ability to pick locks and disarm traps)?
    Grammarsalad
  • MansenMansen Member Posts: 82
    So we're not quite there yet? - Without Shadowkeeper and such that is.
    edited August 2013
    If you want, when I get to my pc I'll upload a couple of 2da files you can drop in your override folder that-assuming the relevant changes documented in the link have been implemented-- will give all races access to all classes.

we can try a weidu version as well if you like (better for compatibility). I don't know if it'll work. I can cook up something that'll work in bg2--basic 2da patching--but I don't know if it'd work in bgee.

One question: do you want dwarven paladins? If so, I would need to reduce the paladins charisma requirement to 16

Edit: a weidu version is only necessary if you want a dwarven paladin

Edit2: there are some things I'm not sure about; specifically kits. I don't think this would show non dwarves to be a dwarven defender and I'm not sure if kits for a given class will be available to races normally restricted from that class but you should be able to select any base class for any race (with the possible exception of dwarven paladin). But I could be wrong. You may get access to all or most kits.Worth a try.

Edit3: So the crickets tell me you're not interested. Strange but cool
    Post edited by Grammarsalad on
    Not everyone checks up on every forum they go to once a day you know.
    Not everyone checks up on every forum they go to once a day you know.

Noted.
    I'm still willing to help you if you are interested. I do need to know if you want a dwarven paladin (and if you'd prefer to reduce paladin cha requirements to 16 or up dwarven charasma maximum to 17.
    Sure - I'd prefer reducing the paladin charisma requirement to 16 of the two. :)
    Grammarsalad
  • FredjoFredjo Member Posts: 477

I'm still willing to help you if you are interested. I do need to know if you want a dwarven paladin (and if you'd prefer to reduce paladin cha requirements to 16 or up dwarven charasma maximum to 17.

Dear Grammarsalad,
    I'd be interested as well, I have personally no need for dwarven paladin. Would you please post the files on maybe Google Drive or similar service?
    Thanks!
    edited August 2013
    Very good! Now, please note that I don't yet have BGEE and so I can't test anything directly myself. If there is an issue, (e.g. can't select a specific kit) please let me know in this thread and I'll see what I can do to fix it.

There are two folders in the rar. One folder, called "No dw pal", contains two text files (2da). All you should need to do is drop those text files into your override folder--you should (hopefully) be able to select any race/class combination except a dwarven paladin.

The other folder, called "Dw Pal", contains a weidu exe and a tp2 in the folder and is only necessary if you want a dwarven paladin. Hopefully, all you need to do is put the folder, titled "clch" and the exe, titled "Setup-clch.exe" in your baldurs gate folder, click the "Setup-clch.exe" file, and say yes when prompted.

I am less sure about weidu. I know this works on bg2, but I'm under the impression that weidu has some issues with bgee. I have a feeling this should work fine--no language folder is necessary--but in any case we can make it work even without weidu (though in that case it might be safer to let dwarves have a max charisma of 17. Anyway, let me know if/how this works and have fun!

EDIT:
    @Fredjo

Are you asking for a google drive upload because you don't have Rar?

EDIT 2: don't create a dwarven blackguard! I forgot about them. Thinking about it it would be much easier to let dwarves max charisma at 17. that would be just one additional 2da in the override
    Post edited by Grammarsalad on
  • FredjoFredjo Member Posts: 477

Are you asking for a google drive upload because you don't have Rar?

Hahaha I do have a rar, I thought you were going to email it to @Mansen so I thought you might upload it on the internets :). The mod is much appreciated, thank you.
    Grammarsalad
    Uploaded a new version. The weidu version will have to wait until I get bgee.

Important: PLEASE DISCARD THE 2DA'S IN THE LAST UPLOAD AND UNINSTALL WEIDU.

You can drop the new 2da's in your override and everything should be fine.

Now there are two versions:

All classes including Dwarven paladin: Place the 3 2da's from the folder titled "Dw Pal" into your override folder. This will (hopefully) give all races access to (more or less) all classes. This will also a increase the dwarf's max charisma to 17. Sorry, I can't do the other version with a good conscience until I can test it myself.

All classes excluding dwarven paladin: Place the 2 2da's from the folder titled "No dw pal". Please replace the old 2da's with these.

Let me know if you have any issues. Otherwise, enjoy!
    The files didn't seem to have any effect - Just tested with a Dwarf and they still only have access to their "usual" classes.

Could it be a format issue? I notice that there isn't a single .2da file in the BGEE override folder. Lots of .bam .mos . chu and what have you though.

Also tried making an override folder in the BGEE documents folder with the files, but nothing there either.
    Mansen said:

The files didn't seem to have any effect - Just tested with a Dwarf and they still only have access to their "usual" classes.

Could it be a format issue? I notice that there isn't a single .2da file in the BGEE override folder. Lots of .bam .mos . chu and what have you though.

Also tried making an override folder in the BGEE documents folder with the files, but nothing there either.

Strange there were no 2das in there but I don't think that is it.

Just to be sure, did you use the (second set of) 2das in the post just before your post?

The 2das in the first go were bg2 files.

Just in case I'll try again from scratch. I probably (hopefully) missed something. I'll upload them tomorrow.

Another possibility is that this feature isn't "in the wild" yet meaning we will have to wait for an official update.

Could you make a dwarf with a 17 charisma at least?
    I used the files from your last post from the .rar file. The "DW PAL" version to be exact. No Cha 17 dwarves or anything. It looks like the .2da files are being ignored completely.

Attaching a dir of the override (and data) folders (with your files included) if it helps make sense of how BGEE looks like structure wise.
  • dibdib Member Posts: 384
    I tried making a CLSRCREQ.2da in my override too, and fiddle around with it but it seems it's not implemented in the current released version of the game. Hopefully it will work after the next update.
    Grammarsalad
    dib said:

I tried making a CLSRCREQ.2da in my override too, and fiddle around with it but it seems it's not implemented in the current released version of the game. Hopefully it will work after the next update.

Bummer.

I'll get back to you @mansen after the next update...
    Sure thing - Too bad. Maybe we can petition the devs, what with BGEE 2 on the way and all.