Skip to content

BG2:EE - Remove/Change race restrictions for romances

EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
Romances was very important part BG2.
In BG2:EE, with 4 new romances will be this part even more important.
Please, remove that stupid race restrictions from game, or change it to something more reasonable, like charisma restrictions ( That also made dump stat more usefull ). Even the most racist man/woman must admit that dwarf with 18 CHAR looks damn hot.

You also can combine race restrictions with CHAR restrictions. If race dont fit, game will check CHAR and if is big enough romance can start.

Race restrictions for romance really kills race selection.

Comments

• JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    The combination idea is actually kind of cool. Like, Viconia doesn't like elves, but if you're an elf with an 16 Charisma, she might be willing to reconsider. And if you're a dwarf with a good Charisma, Aerie might decide that you're close enough to a gnome for her tastes. I wonder how easy that would be to implement. Probably not too hard, but I'm no game designer.

That said, it is currently possible (and quite easy) to become romancable by altering a couple global variables. So even if it doesn't make it into the main game, you can still play like it is if you want to.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    This might change before release, but currently the new romances have no race or stat restrictions. :) No changes to the existing romances, though.
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    @Kaeloree
    Exactly !
    Removing race restrictions from new romances was smart move and i thank you for that.
    Extend it also to old ones is perfectly logical.
    As I mentioned, we won't be making changes to the existing romances. The lack of restrictions will only apply to the new ones.
    Romances are allright, dont change them.
    Change only race restrictions to romances or little modify charisma effect on romances.
    This change is in compliance with contractual limitations.
    It´s actually mainly cosmetic change.
    Sorry, we're not changing the existing romance requirements. :)
    Damn...
    Is it 100% sure ?
    Can something change your mind in future ?
    ( 15th november is still far )

BTW: Congratulations to your satanic post :D
    Heh, thanks. Yep, it's something we're fairly sure of. I can't see it changing.