Skip to content

Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition is coming to Mac & PC on November 15th

Comments

• MathuzzzMathuzzz Member Posts: 203
    I wonder, if there is any chance BG enhanced editions will go retail? By the way nice wallpaper, BG2EE will be badass, because optional new content and new NPCs is exactly what we need in BG2, looking forward.
    Paulg
  • punikunpunikun Member Posts: 4
    I wonder, will BG2EE encourage making evil decisions by improving the rewards (vanilla bg2 evil rewards just suck) and will female have equivalent romancing options ? I feel these two issues are the most outdates ones.
    NecdilzorrexregSwordsNotWordsKavain
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    Finally! I never played BG2 (more than 45 minutes in) and I love the mac version!! I also have incredibly rare characters saved, and I will be planning some epic start to finish run throughs.
    Paulgkamuizin
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 873
    Now for the hard decision whether to finish my current BGII game...
  • WakukeeWakukee Member Posts: 106
    This claims to have multiplayer fixed, but we still don't have that on the first one. I love the game and fully support it, but isn't this getting a bit ahead of itself? If multiplayer has been fixed, patch it for bg:ee. If it hasn't, don't claim that it will work for bg2:ee.
  • Arsene_LupinArsene_Lupin Member Posts: 181
    edited August 2013
    ghostowl said:

I don't mind the $5 price increase but I do care that they made Black Pits 2. Black Pits was a waste of time on BGEE that didn't really have a side-story to it. It was just mindless arena battle. Instead of using time for Black Pits 2, they could have made some new kits / spells / weapons / monsters in the original story...

I'm going to wait for reviews before buying

I have to disagree. I mean, in principle. I didn't like Black Pits either, and I didn't think it added anything to the game.

But I'm playing BGEE on a PC.

For tablets, I think Black Pits is probably a good feature as it allows users to jump into the game and play through some decent combat in a short space of time--which is a necessity for mobile gaming--rather than set aside an hour or so to play BGEE proper. For iOS and (potentially) Android gamers, it's a good feature to have.

What I'm more concerned about is that by diluting their focus with Black Pits 2 -and- by releasing with such a short development period, they won't give the new characters enough depth & extra content to make them worthwhile over the original party members.

EDIT: And the $5 increase is entirely reasonable (even if it's a bit sad they're not giving pre-order prices a discount this time) because Throne of Bhaal is, essentially, a THIRD game.
  • Arsene_LupinArsene_Lupin Member Posts: 181
    Sed said:

@Arsene_Lupin you know you can zoom in and out as you please, right?
    That goes for BGEE as well.

I may be a patch or two out of date, but last I checked every time you moved to a different area in BGEE the zoom level would reset to default, and default was zoomed out.

All of the screens for BG2EE show that same, super-zoomed out camera level, which would seem to indicate it's the new default. Though maybe they're just doing that to hide the fact that they're still using the really, really ugly low-res sprites.
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    edited August 2013
    You may want to take out the Multiplayer thing until you're certain it can be done without muss and fuss. Otherwise, this has me excited.
  • TheCoffeeGodTheCoffeeGod Member Posts: 618

I may be a patch or two out of date, but last I checked every time you moved to a different area in BGEE the zoom level would reset to default, and default was zoomed out.

That was mostly fixed in one of the recent patches (don't remember which specific one off hand).
    Now it only drops down by one step instead of fully resetting when you travel from area to area.

• kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Wakukee said:

This claims to have multiplayer fixed, but we still don't have that on the first one. I love the game and fully support it, but isn't this getting a bit ahead of itself? If multiplayer has been fixed, patch it for bg:ee. If it hasn't, don't claim that it will work for bg2:ee.

I have to say, this guy has reason in his questions, BG:EE came with the promise of multiplayer that don't even exist yet, still BG2:EE is launched. I don't care much for multiplayer but some people do and brought the game in reason of that, so it would be nice for the Multiplayer implement to hit the schedule, preferable before BG2:EE release. To me not as an feature needed but just to see Beamdog keeping an appointment.
    BenjaminThe_New_Romance
  • chrstnmonkschrstnmonks Member Posts: 176
    this is fantastic news I will be pre ordering soon
    Paulg
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    Seldar said:

I expected something like Februar 2014...

You may carry on expecting February 2014, might end up being right after all.
  • Cimmerian1xCimmerian1x Member Posts: 32
    if I was to Pre-Order Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition the Windows PC version from Beamdog for $17.99 on Tuesday September 3rd when I get money then, does the actual $17.99 itself automaticly comes off of my card on the same day???
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @Cimmerian1x
    It depends on your credit card provider; the transaction gets processed on our end almost immediately, but it may take a little bit for your credit card to show the charge.

In most cases, though, it goes through the same day, yes.

(Just to clarify, BG2EE's price is 24.95, not 17.99)
    Paulg
  • kimmuryielkimmuryiel Member Posts: 89
    Kaeloree said:

@kimmuryiel Sorry, not as of yet!

that's all my sister's waiting for to play it. She has to have her Xan like I have to have my Edwin. :) (Edwin's better, he's not emo :P)
    Paulg
  • PaulgPaulg Member Posts: 115
    haha! i love that post ^^^
  • Spaceman_SpiffSpaceman_Spiff Member Posts: 40
    i'm literally still wiping all of the jizz from my pants.. best news in a while!
    Paulglunar
  • Cimmerian1xCimmerian1x Member Posts: 32
    Dee said:

@Cimmerian1x
    It depends on your credit card provider; the transaction gets processed on our end almost immediately, but it may take a little bit for your credit card to show the charge.

Dee said:

@Cimmerian1x

Alright thanks, got it's price mixed up with Beamdog's Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition PC version for $17.99

• ryanhaverryanhaver Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2013
    Bravo! Thanks for all your hard work. This is fantastic news! I couldn't' be happier to hear how fast this will be released. Is there any eta for the big BG:EE patch release with all the goodies? :)
    Paulg
  • Dereck3o3Dereck3o3 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 166
    Hi,

I have read the announcement about BG2EE carefully and I see nothing about the languages ​​that will be included in addition to English. Before pre-order, I would like to have confirmation as what the game will be multilanguages​​ like BGEE please ?
  • EtherionEtherion Member Posts: 2
    I'm all excited and everything, but what's our incentive to preorder if there is no preorder discount?

I know it's a lot of content, but I own BG2 collectors box and the GOG edition, so I'm actually paying only for the EE content and paying in advance without being 100% sure that it will work better or even as well as my current copies usually should be provided by some sort of extra motivation, shouldn't it? :)
    Wikkid_Suhn
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    Pre-ordered, tester, thrown my money at the screen etc etc etc. I am just glad you guys managed to pull through the time of troubles and have placed yourself firmly on the throne (of bhaal). Can't wait for the future :)
    Paulgelminstermlnevese
  • KougaKouga Member Posts: 83
    Hats off.

Let's set course to BG3! Hehe
    Paulgwojtek
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    This is just pure unexpected awesomeness. It looks fantastic. And Neera's shot is lovely. :)
    PaulgJuliusBorisov
  • Dereck3o3Dereck3o3 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 166
    Please, someone can confirm that BG2EE will be multi-languages ? or no ?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    ghostowl said:

I don't mind the $5 price increase but I do care that they made Black Pits 2. Black Pits was a waste of time on BGEE that didn't really have a side-story to it. It was just mindless arena battle. Instead of using time for Black Pits 2, they could have made some new kits / spells / weapons / monsters in the original story...

I'm going to wait for reviews before buying

At first I was sort of meh towards the Black Pits. But I found it more fun the second time around (many months after the first time I tried it). The battles are frankly more interesting than most of the battles in BG1 and you can revisit them which is great. I don't think it was a waste of time either. It adds to Baeloth's background and provides a different multiplayer experience.
    Paulg
This discussion has been closed.