Skip to content

Can we have the Half-Orc avatar back for BG2:EE?

RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
edited August 2013 in Feature Requests
Thought I'd ask for this again since it was never implemented in BG:EE and the team is working on BG2:EE. I think it's more important we have them back in BG2:EE since it was the game in which they were originally introduce. While the BG:EE's are a nice effort they just don't stand up to the look of the original Conan-like/bruiser type Half-Orcs from BG2. I really do think BG2:EE could benefit from the better style and more professional looking original Hal-Orc inventory avatars.

Order is: Fighter, Cleric, thief and same order for the females.

Order is the same as BG2 half-orcs, only with the armoured, unarmoured versions switched.

Plus it does arguably suit Dorn's portrait on how he is depicted as a Half-Orc

There's a bit more in this thread where I made the request for BG:EE which is archived here. http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/8679/can-we-have-the-half-orc-inventory-avatar-back#latest
Post edited by RedGuard on
KamigoroshielminsterblackchimesStarflower2525ScooterGrammarsaladSwordsNotWordsalannahsmith

Comments

• GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    edited August 2013
    edit: my bag. Can't side the difference on my phone. Will check out later

Edit 2: found a way to zoom in. at first glance at least I agree
    RedGuard
  • blackchimesblackchimes Member Posts: 323
    The BG2 portrait(the green one) would be nice too. There is no half-orc portrait to use otherwise in BGEE, except for Dorn's.
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    edited September 2013
    Just thought I'd include this also in this thread.

To me the BG:EE inventory avatars just don't have half as much character as the BG2 ones or the same level of quality imo. The Monk is another one I really miss and the BG:EE isn't a good replacement in my eyes. I think it typifies the BG:EE inventory avatars in that they're all a bit bland and samey. There was much more diversity and character in the BG2 avatars.
    elminsteralannahsmith
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    I guess there'a no accounting for taste. I could go either way on the half-orcs, but I'm definitely opposed to bringing back the other BG2 inventory avatars. The elves in particular are almost physically painful to look at.
    TJ_Hooker10thLichIchigoRXC
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    @Jarrakul The elves are a bit overly skinny, but I think they're outfits are more interesting than the BG:EE versions which are a bit plain. I'm quite fond of the elven Bard costume. I would hate to see Hear'Dalis show up with a different avatar to be honest.