Skip to content

WYSIWYG editor ?

IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
I don't know if vanillaforums.com (linked from the icons in the bottom of each page) and vanillaforums.org are related, but the second has several editor plugins, for instance that one, that would provide an easy way to write posts without having to master html tags or running an HTML editor alongside when posting.
Is there a chance something like that might be added ? Thank you very much.

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    I doubt that's going to happen, @Isaya. I made a comment about this on the badges topic some months ago, and @Nathan said that plugins such as that are not really supported on the hosted plans, but can be used when hosting the site independent of the Vanilla domain.

I do not know what this is currently like, however, and they may have more power over the HTML code now, but a similar thing was recently brought up regarding a different plugin and, likewise, a similar response was given.

There is also a Firefox plugin (it hasn't been updated in many moons) that you can download to give additional formatting features. Aside from that, you can ask in the Formatting topic. I'll probably be able to help with whatever you need; from the most basic, to the most advanced.
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    Thanks for the insight on the restrictions from the host and for heading me to that plugin. I'll try it. In principle html doesn't change too much, so it doesn't matter if it's not updated.

I know enough of html to make basic formating (bold, underline, link, list) however a toolbar as in a typical BBcode forum would be nice to improve efficiency. I feel easy smileys are missing too.