Skip to content

Can the BG2 voice sets PLEASE be included on the next patch/update?

SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
edited December 2012 in Feature Requests
Almost all other aspects of BG2 were incorporated into BG:EE, so why not the voice sets as well? I know the IWD voice sets don't entirely sync with the BG sound list, but the BG2 ones shouldn't have that problem. IMO, adding the BG2 voices would bring some much-needed variety to the current BG1 voice selections (for example, one of the BG2 female voices is ideal for a female half-orc, much moreso than any of the current BG1 voices IMO).
Post edited by SharGuidesMyHand on

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    I should also note that I've been able to get BG2 voice sets to work in BG:EE, but only by swapping them with the BG:EE voice sets already installed - but this still leaves the problem of the original BG:EE dialogue scripts showing on screen whenever the new voice plays.
  • ReadingRamboReadingRambo Member Posts: 598
    I've tried following other posts directions on how to fix sound sets and they only play one sound. It's extremely frustrating to me
  • AllbrotherAllbrother Member Posts: 261
    edited December 2012
    You can do it yourself
    Just copy the voices from BG2 directory to BG:EE directory and add a new line for each set in the 2da
    There was a thread about it somewhere around here
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    The BGII voice sets are terrible.

But I agree that you should have the option.
  • MechaliburMechalibur Member Posts: 265
    Yeah, the voice sets 1 for females and males in BG2 were perfect for half-orcs. None of the current ones really feel right for the race. It's not terribly difficult to move them over if you already have BG2 (which not everyone does), but I don't see any reason they aren't available.
  • AlexDeLargeAlexDeLarge Member Posts: 273
    edited December 2012
    IIRC the 4th male voice from BG2 was by far the best. Rugged, imposing, authoritative and manly. No homo
    Quartz said:

The BGII voice sets are terrible.

Strongly disagree - the default female voice in BG2 (also listed as female voice #4) is the best of all the female voices in BG IMO. It sounds young without sounding ditsy or naive, and it's assertive without sounding b!tchy or arrogant.
    I think the same voice actress for the default does bodhi as well, so it always throws me off

IIRC the 4th male voice from BG2 was by far the best. Rugged, imposing, authoritative and manly. No homo

yah that's the one I've tried to get using in bgee, so far no luck. Sounds perfect for a dwarf raised in candle keep

yah that's the one I've tried to get using in bgee, so far no luck. Sounds perfect for a dwarf raised in candle keep. He also sounds a bit like the actor that plays stilgar in David lynchs dune (according to my brother and I lol!). Whenever I click on him I think of stilgar saying " you are Paul muadeb"

• AllbrotherAllbrother Member Posts: 261
    Male 2 from BG2 is just awesome
    "I'll get the job done, whether I'm leader or not"
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BerconBercon Member Posts: 486
    They were left out so they can be sold as a separate DLC! Mwhahahaah!
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853

Strongly disagree

Naahh, really? I couldn't tell without you saying so!
    I should probably relocate this to the "Feature Requests" section.
  • TiaxRulesAllTiaxRulesAll Member Posts: 198
    Every single one of them from including all Npc soundsets, icewind dales and planescapes can be found in the dropbox thread. but until the game is fixed they dont work right. They work fine in the creation screen testing but not in game. Its a known bug but not fixed yet.
  • ertertwertertertwert Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2013
    I could be wrong but it seems like the voice sets and portraits are embedded in EE. I copied a character .bio and .chr from BGTuTu and it found the proper portrait and sounds and the subtitles even match the spoken dialogue.

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/9260/94328361.jpg
    Bump.

Reiterating my request for the next patch.
  • Flame_ExcessFlame_Excess Member Posts: 26
    Indeed! With portraits as well!
    Since it seems like another patch may well be on the way, perhaps this can be included before it is released? (if it isn't already)
  • Draith012Draith012 Member Posts: 174
    edited August 2013
    The Icewind Dale voice set is actually a well diverse set. I wished the other games had as many variety as these. I actually took the time to find out which one does what and where they are applied to BG. I even have a few sound sets already in my BG:EE lang/sound files.

For starters, these are BG list when adding in custom sound sets. First, you must type CUSTOM than a number to associate with the set and then a corresponding lowercase letter for a particular sound in that set. Thus CUSTOM1a represents the first custom sound set and refers to the sound entry that is marked 'a'.

So with that in mind:
    a = Attack
    b = Set to Leader
    c = Needs Rest
    d = Idle
    e = Near Death
    f = Selected 1
    g = Selected 2
    h = Selected 3
    i = Action 1
    j = Action 2
    k = Action 3
    l = Injured
    m = Death

Each one can be heard on the play option when selecting a sound set and they are played in order from a to m alphabetically.

The Icewind Dale sound sets are actually quite different and with more variety. Not all the voice sounds can be heard on the play option during character creation as could the BG ones. So this is a list of which one is what. The three digit number is the number corresponding to its file number. The number on the right end of the equation is the number of times you must play the sound set in character creation to listen to it's quote. When porting over an Icewind Dale Sound set to BG it is best to view which ones you'd like to hear your character say, see which number file it correspondences to, copy paste and then rename it to it's BG counterpart.

So here are the sounds:

001 = Retreat 1 = 35
    002 = Retreat 2 = 36
    003 = Attack 1 = 1
    004 = Attack 2 = 2
    005 = Attack 3 = 3
    006 = Attack 4 = 4
    007 = Attack 5 = 5
    008 = Set to Leader 1 = 6
    009 = Set to Leader 2 = 7
    010 = Needs Rest 1 = 8
    011 = Needs Rest 2 = 9
    012 = Idle 1 = 10
    013 = Idle 2 = 11
    014 = Near Death 1 = 12
    015 = Near Death 2 = 13
    016 = Selected 1 = 14
    017 = Selected 2 = 15
    018 = Selected 3 = 16
    019 = Selected 4 = 17
    020 = Selected 5 = 18
    021 = Selected 6 = 19
    022 = Selected 7 = 20
    023 = Action 1 = 21
    024 = Action 2 = 22
    025 = Action 3 = 23
    026 = Action 4 = 24
    027 = Action 5 = 25
    028 = Action 6 = 26
    029 = Action 7 = 27
    030 = Flirt
    031 = Reject
    032 = Accept Request
    033 = Request
    034 = Injured 1 = 28
    035 = Injured 2 = 29
    036 = Injured 3 = 30
    037 = Death 1 = 32
    038 = Death 2 = 32
    039 = Companion's Death 1 = 33
    040 = Companion's Death 2 = 34
    041 = Critical Hit 1
    042 = Critical Hit 2
    043 = Falling
  • winsonsonhowinsonsonho Member Posts: 18
    edited August 2013
    I can't find a single voice set I like in bgee (at least for the types of characters I like to play) Please consider adding the bg2 voice sets.
    Post edited by winsonsonho on
  • ZanianZanian Member Posts: 332
    I'd just like a good ol' classic dwarven voice-set, for both male and female. My dwarven playthroughs would triple if we had a passable voice-set for them.
    May any of the devs comment on whether this is being implemented?

Seeing as the BG2 voice sets (along with the written on-screen dialogues) are presumably being developed (or have already been developed) for BG2:EE, would it be problematic to also incorporate them into BG:EE?

In fact, I think the voice sets for both games should be available in both games - that way my PC's voice doesn't have to mysteriously change when I import her into BG2:EE. ;-)
  • CHAwCHAw Member Posts: 17

In fact, I think the voice sets for both games should be available in both games - that way my PC's voice doesn't have to mysteriously change when I import her into BG2:EE. ;-)

This would be very nice. To this day, I don't understand why they didn't keep the original voice sets for BGII.