Skip to content

Will you preoder Baldur's Gate II EE?

2»

Comments

• kiaikiai Member Posts: 18
    To clarify WHY I want to preorder the game is, is because I'm satisfied that BG2EE will reach my expectations and perhaps exceed it. That I want to play on Day ONE, no matter how grave the first problems are perhaps (and I don't believe there are so many). And that I want to give my money to pay ther paychecks then when it's in my opinion most needed, when the games is developed.
  • CleaveCleave Member Posts: 32
    Not sure about pre-ordering, but its a definite buy from me.
    And I'm pretty sure what we experienced on launch week last year wont happen again, since bg2 uses the same engine, which has been fixed already.

And the coming beta for the new renderer and whatnot will make sure everything runs smoothly beforehand.
  • AdventSignAdventSign Member Posts: 96
    Yes. I am content with the purchase I have made with the first one and I believe they will pull through again with Baldur's Gate 2. Just...try your best not to give a date that will be pushed back if you can. That way there will be less crying and raging on the forums and online in general. :P
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    edited September 2013
    Well, the 24.95$ price point feels partially a bit too much, but it's Baldur's Gate 2, with more content... and other fancy features...
  • Cimmerian1xCimmerian1x Member Posts: 32
    I'm currently on the fence about Pre-Ordering the amazing upcoming Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition (PC Version) because I'm "NOT" really sure if I'm going to have enough money to Pre-Order it and the upcoming new Xbox One Entertainment Console in November fellow gamers, I already own BG:EE!
  • davendaven Member Posts: 112
    Too skint, will buy after release though for sure.
  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477
    I preordered BG:EE before it came out, so why should I say no to preordering BG2:EE? This is what I've been waiting for, baby!
  • redlineredline Member Posts: 296
    Nope. No real incentive to do so -- if it lives up to expectations, I'll happily pick it up at full price, but I'm not going to gamble on it.
  • BanexBanex Member Posts: 127
    Nope.I'll get it as soon as is possible after release.Not working so will have to wrangle it somehow but i will get it-"I cannot be caged"
  • PaladinPaladin Member Posts: 335
    Yes! Already have.
  • gunmangunman Member Posts: 215
    No.
    I have preordered BG1:EE and was disappointed by the amount of bugs in the first release.
  • MathmickMathmick Member Posts: 326
    Why bother? With no pre-order incentive whatsoever there's really no point pre-ordering now as opposed to a day or two before release.
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    Already did! Can't wait for 11-15!
  • CurmudgeonCurmudgeon Member Posts: 57
    Already have. Beamdog has been beset by Murphy's Law (and was probably overly optimistic about the timeframe involved in enhancing the game), but keeps plugging along. Many (unwasted) opportunities for improving the game remain and I look forward to an "enhanced" playthrough from Candlekeep to the Throne of Bhaal.

I hope that ultimately this project will be a great success and encourage other companies to do something similar for other great old games.
  • NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 279
    I preordered the first time gladly. Now I don't have money to preorder this time :P
  • riyahhassettriyahhassett Member Posts: 59
    I don't pre-order tomatoes so why should I pre-order this game?
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    I really, really, REALLY like BG2. I also really, REALLY, *REALLY* hate being disappointed by moving release dates. Unless there is some fantastic incentive to pre-order, I'm not willing to take any chances.
  • byrne20byrne20 Member Posts: 503
    already pre ordered :)
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    Probably not. I'm waiting on the next patch to see if it can fix BG:EE issues for me and make it playable. I don't get the impression that it will be finished before BG2:EE comes out. I really want to have BG2:EE, but if I still can't get BG:EE working then there's no point in even buying BG2:EE at all let alone pre-ordering.
  • DMKDMK Member Posts: 14
    no preorder in steam available...so no, i won't :(
  • VikingRVikingR Member Posts: 88
    I am very confident that the developement team has managed to overcome all the technical issues that came with the old Infinity engine by now (Multiplayer, Corss-Platform issues, performance issues, etc.).

Do I, however, believe that Overhaul can make sure that every quest/encounter/script in the massive game that is BG2 will work as intended? Nope.

That's why I won't pre-order BG2EE. Nonetheless, if the release turns out to be bugfree after all, I will definitely buy the game.
  • KurakaiKurakai Member Posts: 18
    I pre-ordered it 5 minutes ago. BG2 was one of my favourite games growing up.
  • TschakongTschakong Member Posts: 25
    Same for me, BG2 is my most favorite game. Preordered too. Please don't dissapoint us - and do no focus in such meaningless things like black pits... That's out of place. BG2 lives by it's story. I wanne see the greatest Story / NPC mods compatible soon after release. There should be the focus.
  • comebackhomecomebackhome Member Posts: 254
    Yes I will/Yes I have. Cannot wait for it. Even contemplating purchasing a copy as a gift for my mate, for his birthday because a) he also loves the BG series and b) to support the company.