Skip to content

Which class will you play BG2EE first as?

Comments

• kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Dwarven Defender probally, followed by a gameplay with an shadow dancer, Dragon Disciple and IF BG2:EE bring any reason on the plotline to, a Dark Moon Monk.

Blackguard with Dorn is enough for me unless the plots in BG2 variates with an main char blackguard (as the paladin stronghold should at least), then i will go for one of those also.

The main issue is:

I want to play all my games from a BG:EE begin, but for now i'm waiting the patch to start my games. Just hope it don't come too close with BG2:EE release.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    elminster said:

Tysonm1 said:

And of course you lose all your items when you go to BG2, unless you glitch the game and dump all your gear on the floor before you begin the game but that just seems to get rid of the whole idea of a "new start."

FYI this won't work in BG2EE.
    Will BG2EE be more smoothly and consistently implementing the thing where one or two BG1 items will appear in Irenicus' dungeon?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

elminster said:

Tysonm1 said:

And of course you lose all your items when you go to BG2, unless you glitch the game and dump all your gear on the floor before you begin the game but that just seems to get rid of the whole idea of a "new start."

FYI this won't work in BG2EE.
    Will BG2EE be more smoothly and consistently implementing the thing where one or two BG1 items will appear in Irenicus' dungeon?
    NDA means I can't answer that.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    elminster said:

C'mon! You're Elminster! You flub the rules all the time.

edited September 2013

elminster said:

C'mon! You're Elminster! You flub the rules all the time.

I plead the fifth! :p
  • Urd1enUrd1en Member Posts: 84
    fighter/mage
    waiting for new evil thief npc to replace Montaron
  • Tysonm1Tysonm1 Member Posts: 40
    I recently swapped out to making a halfling shadowdancer which I'm am very much beginning to enjoy, though there is only one bug with that class as far as I know with it being the backstab multiplier but people have already mentioned other bugs with that class before so it's hard enough guessing if I should actually mention it to the admins!
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Urd1en said:

fighter/mage
    waiting for new evil thief npc to replace Montaron

In BG2? Maybe i shoudn't spoiler this, but montaron isn't playable in BG2 (by normal ways, you can get some mods that add him).

Going to change my vote now to Dragon Disciple. :)
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    More specifically an assassin.
  • TheElfTheElf Member Posts: 798
    Probably my dwarven defender who I recently finished with first, then a blackguard, the only ones I've finished the EE with.
  • TetraploidTetraploid Member Posts: 252
    Cleric! (Lathander). I have nearly finished my current BG:EE run so I'll have one ready to import. That's the main reason it will be my first class. If it wasn't for that, I'd probably be trying out one of the new kits because I've not used any of them yet!
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    My first 3 run-throughs will be with the Bard kits. Then on to some dual-classing experiments.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    edited October 2013
    Sorcererrrrrrrrr. To hell with memorization!

Spesifically RDD.
    Post edited by Silverstar on
  • badbromancebadbromance Member Posts: 238
    I can't decide what colour underwear I put on in the morning let alone a character to play through the BG series but I think it will be some type of cleric.

I just finished BG1 solo as a cleric/thief and that was pretty fun actually!
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    I have decided to go with a necromancy focused Cleric.

Either single class and choose a kit as well, or a Berserker/Cleric, because i have a thing for berserkers and fighter/clerics in general.

Of course, i do think that 1-2 new cleric kits would be welcome, especially not tied to specific deities, like the existing ones are.

Either way though, Crom Faeyr smashy smashy!
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    Mortianna said:

My Magey McMagerson will be a Necromancer named Mortianna. She will be Lawful Evil and cause much weeping and gnashing of teeth on her iniquitous, yet orderly, path to goddesshood.

If she looks like your avatar art, I might convert. ^_~

*ahem*

If you had caught me anytime up until a few months ago, I would have answered with something like "mage" or "fighter." Recently I've discovered my favorite characters are versatile, and roleplay-wise my playthrough as a chaotic neutral jester was just fun and surprisingly effective. She gets the nod to go first after I import her.
  • onanonan Member Posts: 223
    My 75 roll F/T first, then the 97 roll Half Orc Kensai. I have a suspician that the F/T will be more useful.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    @LordRumfish As the Lady of Murder, Mortianna will demand much from her clergy as she secures her place amongst the gods of Toril as the final arbiter of who lives and dies. The churches of Cyric and Iyachtu Xvim/Bane will fall as she consolidates the portfolios of death and tyranny under her power. Kelemvor and Velsharoon (as rulers over the dead and undead, respectively) will have no choice but subordinate themselves to her. Mortals will also do well to pay homage to her dominion; those who resist only hasten her cold embrace.

(A bit melodramatic, yes, but fun to write nonetheless.)
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    Elminster forgot to keep liking all the posts in this thread :P

I'm heavily leaning towards making a new Gnome Cleric/Illusionist right now to play through the entire EE saga, but I might have to take a look at the Dragon Disciple before I completely make up my mind.
  • AramintaiAramintai Member Posts: 232
    Figher/Mage multiclass, as always.
  • wampawampa Member Posts: 68
    edited October 2013
    Human Male Sorcerer. Viconia romance 'cause she's my girl. Mostly good-aligned, but leading a team of bloodthirsty, ass-kicking ****ers, so occasionally I turn into a demonic avatar of destruction to deal with any potential "morale problems."

I really liked the concept of the Dragon Disciple kit, but the bonuses absolutely do not justify giving up high-level spells slots. I'll take that extra Timestop and ADHW over your totally-overshadowed-in-the-late-game defensive bonuses, thanks.
  • Chaotic_GoodChaotic_Good Member Posts: 255
    Shadow Dancer/Cleric
    I read a few comments that say they don't see the point, but I am pretty sure It is going to be one of the most op combos able without hacks. Can-O-Wooparse 33% off!
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199

Shadow Dancer/Cleric
    I read a few comments that say they don't see the point, but I am pretty sure It is going to be one of the most op combos able without hacks. Can-O-Wooparse 33% off!

Eh, sounds like o barrel of fun to me! You could RP them as a cleric of Mask, or of Shar, since I think she lives on the Shadow Plane at this point.
  • Aron740Aron740 Member Posts: 153
    edited October 2013
    I got so sold on the avenger druid after 1/2 a playthrough, feels like a more fun jack of all trades class than the bard and it has a great progression feeling. Kinda miss some form of sneak ability though...
    Really hope the class beefs up more in bg2ee and maybe gets some new shapeshift form and a few more spells!

But if the class turns out crap in bg2ee I guess I could always try a paladin, never played as one before.

Edit:
    Will probably cheat and use keeper to make him an orc just because reasons :]
  • badbromancebadbromance Member Posts: 238

Shadow Dancer/Cleric

I approve of this idea!
    I just finished a solo Gnome cleric/thief and it was fun however there were a lot of times HiPS would of been very helpful. Well before boots of speed, than it would of just been an added bonus!
  • magpiemagpie Member Posts: 79
    Hm, I might give a (kitted) Druid a shot, if only because I have never managed to get as far as the stronghold with a Druid. If they tweak the shapeshifter to be just *slightly* better, I might pick that one, otherwise maybe an Avenger (normal druid shapeshift and spell list are just a little too underwhelming for me).

Or a spellcaster that goes into melee with spell support (none of that fancy fighter dual classing!), a sorcerer (DD maybe, but as-is they're a bit meh) or cleric/mage (I'll have *all* the spells!).

Or a wild mage, because wild mages are awesomely stupid and stupidly awesome.

Or a Jester, because their power is actually really, really disturbing, if you think about what it actually accomplishes.

And maybe, one day, I'll manage to actually create a non-spellcaster. But I don't think that'll be my first playthrough.

Choices choices..

So yeah, why is there no I HAVE NO IDEA option?
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    Y'know, I've been considering dual-classing out of wild mage for a ridiculous character concept I have. It's a dimension-shifted stock character of mine named Bob, Keeper of the Rumfish (not so hard to imagine when he's effectively a wild mage that he could have traded places with CHARNAME, I picture Abdel being lost in the chaos of modern times and my Rumfishian world setting while everyone sees and hears him as Bob).

Anyhow, mechanically you *can* still get to 9th circle spells even if you skip out early due to Nahal's Reckless Dweomer. I was thinking about dual-classing over to thief to pick up Use Any Item at high levels so that I can be the most bizarrely equipped character ever. Not sure what level to do it at, but I'd like to have 7th level spells so I can cast Improved Chaos Shield.

This build obviously isn't about effectiveness, and it's not going to be my first playthrough either.
  • ManicMcChipmunkManicMcChipmunk Member Posts: 3
    First my NG Invoker and then my TN Conjurer and finally after that I'm gonna do a sorcerer. I've tried doing a sorcerer run several times, but i'm always turned off by not being able to scribe scrolls
  • LoreLore Member Posts: 114
    edited October 2013
    It will be either Mage/thief or Assassin. Or perhaps Stalker i do love myself some stealth and backstab :D Hard to choose.
    Post edited by Lore on