Skip to content

Priests of Bhaal in BG 2 -Spoiler Warning-

2»

Comments

• Zymran86Zymran86 Member Posts: 137
    edited June 2012
    Ive never read them either, and i probably wont.. and no ,i would not want them to take so much inspiration from the novels either, but since Balthazar was a human, and melissan is a human, i tought it was a good idea to make illasera an Elf with a bow. :)

Hm yeah youre right, theyre very colorful, Drassus line is quite cool.

What i would love to see in Baldur's Gate is some of the Generic Soundset, like the dwarf for example (By moradins hammer) etc, to be useable by the Player character, ive tryed to convert the sounds using all manner of sound converters from diffrent modding sites, but they just get corrupted, or they just wont work for the baldurs gate engine... Anyone got any suggestion on how to get them to work?
    Tazok's voice and lines are really great too for half-orc's.
  • SeldarSeldar Member Posts: 438
    ah yeah Drassus is waiting for us at the Cloakwood Mine

Slythe and Kristin are badass too
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    @Zymran86 I made a Drizzt voiceset that took me a miserably long time to figure out... I went through (free) sound editor after sound editor online before I found one that did what I needed. The problem was that regular BG game soundset files are in a rare format that doesn't have a plethora of sound converters, much less a free one. Unfortunately *wince* I seem to have misplaced the program that finally worked in the year since, but it may have been the KISS Audio Editor (you can Google it). As I recall it wasn't easy even then, but you eventually manage it. Maybe better is to Google how to convert BG voicesets.
    Ah okey thanks, 7-8 years ago one only needed to google "BG Soundset" to find the ripped files from all the fan websites that was out there, alot of them has been shut down now unfourtenetly.
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    @Zymran86 Yeah, it's not like NWN1 where you can open all soundsets with a simple unlocker mod and get every single one of the soundsets at character creation... *sigh*
  • HeroicSpurHeroicSpur Member Posts: 907
    The cruel and unsual punishment was what @Kore said, that Irenicus tries to acquire too much power so they strip him of his elfhood (along with Bodhi) leaving him without a soul. He then tries to find another one, and then happy as larry CHARNAME strolls along with a soul which contains the essence of a god...

• WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    @HeroicSpur

I lol'd @ happy as larry.

Well they shouldn't have taken his soul! They should've just banished him with his luggage and his soon-to-be vampire sister and said "Write a letter". But she only became a vampire because she had no souls.

SPOILER ALERT: Bodhi shouldn't have let CHARNAME live in Spellhold, where she lets you run around like a headless chicken until she finally catches up and says "umadbro?" to which you turn into the slayer and cause pain.
    @Ward: Exactly. And you get blamed for it at the end.
    @HeroicSpur

I DO? When!? I forget the end of it.
    My memory of the end is a bit fuzzy too, but I'm sure when you speak to the elf queen, she suggests that the damage done to the city is because of you.
    edited June 2012
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baldur's_Gate:_Enhanced_Edition, just tought i should mention that here,
    DLC Content, can we expect something similiar to trials of the luremaster?

hmm who are the robed guys in the end of SoA 2, anybody knows?
    Lol, the wiki is wrong in its first sentence, it says BG:EE is a remake, but it's not, significant parts of the game are going to be completely untouched.
  • PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
    edited June 2012
    From reading the ToB and SoA design docs that we inherited from Bioware, it seems that they were a much earlier version of the five from TOB. Obviously that doesn't make sense since they're all human, but ToB was still in early development at the time. Many story elements were changed, and many areas were cut or changed.

So you can pretend that they've all temporarily been polymorphed into regular ol' people, or you can just gloss over it entirely. The power is YOURS!

Or maybe we'll add an expansion that happens between SoA/ToB dealing with a cabal of Bhaalites.
    Thanks alot for the answer PhillipDaigle, I take it that it was ment to be 7 of them instead of 5 aswell. :)
    im not sure if you can answer this but ill ask anyway, -Since ToB was quite a large expansion, (but quite small at the same time) have you given any toughts to add more area's to ToB?
  • PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
    We've looked at cramming new content wherever we can. ToB is a pretty epic expansion that spans 20 character levels, so I'm sure we can find space for more content. Obviously I can't say what we have planned right now... but I hope you like gibberlings with time stop!
    vindolandiakiaiLilacor
    Gibberlings o_O
    The reason i asked is becuse it was very hard to reach the experience cap in ToB. :)
    I dont even know if its possible to reach that cap, has anyone here reached it without using mods or cheats? (using full party)
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @PhillipDaigle
    Oh.
    My.
    God.
    I'm going to blow my load in excitement! Another epic adventure between SoA and ToB. We'll call it.. Shadows of Bhaal. Or Throne of Amn.
    kiai
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    @PhillipDaigle
    Wasn't there a Chinchilla, Kobold and Xvart Bhaalspawn in the Marching Mountains? I see an opportunity for adventure and excitement, and a possible new partymember!