Skip to content

Mod Installers

Out of curiosity, are there any mod installers out there that I could put on a flashdrive from computer X, put it on computer Y - Wipe the flashdrive and then use the same process with mods?

I have to move files from my online comp at work to my offline comp at work and I'm looking to "stupid-proof" my installations as much as possible. It took a friend and a lot of tweaking/file modifications to get just the vanilla game to work and I'd hate to fudge up my install as I'd have to way to re-install if it came down to it.

Comments

• agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    I'm not sure I understand your question. Do you want to rapidly convert a vanilla BG experience to a fully modded one, based on a prototype install you're going to set up? Without going through weidu shenanigan?
  • BattlehamsterBattlehamster Member Posts: 298
    I'd like to quickly convert to mods, but I want to know whether or not I can simply flick them on or off and an easy install system/mod manager would be preferable.

BUT I have to transfer files with hardware as I cannot do direct downloads to the gaming rig in question.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    I'm still confused with the request. If it's about a mod manager to instal and turn on/off then no, there's no mod like this avaliable.
    Let me attempt a flow chart here since it will probably make more sense...

Mod Floating in digital space
    l
    l
    V
    Work Computer
    l
    l
    v
    USB Drive
    l
    l
    V
    Home PC w/ BG ----In all probability I CANNOT re-install BG

1.)What is the easiest way to get the mod from point A to point B?
    2.)What is the most foolproof way to install in order to minimize my chances of screwing up the install already there?
  • 10thLich10thLich Member Posts: 99
    2.) Create a backup of every file concerning BG(:EE?)
    edited September 2013
    10thLich said:

2.) Create a backup of every file concerning BG(:EE?)

Herpaderp...[Why did I not think of the most obvious answer on that one? >_<]
    Nah, its just vanilla right now since I can't download EE to a disconnected computer.