Skip to content

LFG Baldur's Gate Group! Details inside!

kelantorkelantor Member Posts: 6
Hi there everybody, I decided to sign up after many hours of basicly lurking in the shadows, getting a lot of answers and help for many of my problems and questions concerning the game, so first of all a huge thanks to everyone posting on this forum.
Now to my proposal: I am looking to find a group of people to play Baldur's gate Enhanced Edition with. A classic run from scratch, level 1 characters and no imported items. I am hailing from Germany so any starting time ranging from 18:00 to 22:00 CEST would work for me (important Note: Those times are basicly examples, please don't hessiate to state your time preferences, so we can work a time out). Communication via skype would be optimal.

If anyone is interested just contact me in the thread or send me a pm. Hosting would just be direct IP, but I am not sure if I am able to host a big group since my upload is only roughly at 100 kb/s.

Looking forward to playing with you
Kelantor
ValdemarSuperOtis

Comments

• WebbzWebbz Member Posts: 5
    edited September 2013
    Id be game for this. My times are open for is 10am to all the way to 2am EST for all the weekdays aside from monday, friday, and saturday evenings because I got D&D campiagns to attend. I am also a new player to the BG1 scene so totally new adventure for me. Ill send you a pm with skype info.
    Valdemar
  • ValdemarValdemar Member Posts: 41
    edited September 2013
    Hello, Kelantor, I would be game for your 18:00-22:00 CEST playtime. I can communicate via Skype.
  • StinkyStinky Member Posts: 39
    Hello there, I might be down for this depending on the schedule you decide on. I'll keep an eye on the thread and see what happens.
    Valdemar
  • kelantorkelantor Member Posts: 6
    edited September 2013
    So as far as my planning goes, tuesday 15:00 CEST / 10:00 EST would be the first opportunity to play. Can definitly start later, but this time would accommodate best for the fact that the group is spread across the US and Europe :D
    On a different topic. Who would be up to leading the party?
    *edit* Earliest would be 16:00 CEST... EST is -5 but CEST is +1... Timezones are difficult alright :D
    ValdemarStinky
    edited September 2013
    I would be up for it unless someone else would prefer taking the initiative. Tuesday and the time zone work with me. :D

Post edited by Valdemar on
    Im good for these times. I am also capable of hosting but ill be the fallback guy if Valdemar's does not work for w/e reason.
    Those times are good for me. Any mods or other rules? Preferred alignment or classes so I can roll something up ready? :)

Also what's everyone's previous experience with the series like?
    edited September 2013
    As said before I would love to play the bog standard Enhanced edition :D Regarding everything else I have no clue. Since the party hopefully will consist of 6 players alignment shouldn't matter all that much. And as far as myself goes, I played through baldur's gate 2 a pretty long time ago. Getting back into the series to kick it of with the launch of Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition.
    *edit* What I forgot to say was that I would like to push the first game further to wednesday or as long as it takes to get a full group :D
    I've been wanting to play through the game with SCS installed for a while now but keep putting it off to do other things. I don't know how stable it is or if it works in multiplayer (i assume if everyone has the exact same install it should work?) but that would be awesome for the extra challenge and tactical diversity it provides. If that's not cool then I'm happy to give vanilla a bash as well - just an idea to add to the funsies. Also the fix pack is essential feeling because those few bugs it fixes immediately ruin my immersion if they are present (Give me your scroll old man or I'll steal it and paper cut you to death with it!)

Regardless, I'm happy to play more or less whatever is required to balance out the party so we don't fail epicly at the first hurdle :)
    I honestly think that Sword Coast Stratagems is not really suitable for a multiplayer playthrough. You basicly have to pause every turn and be extremly tactical. I am definitly looking for a laidback chill (grab yourself a cup of tea and relax) kind of group.
  • SuperOtisSuperOtis Member Posts: 2
    I should be available during most times if you still need more players
    Valdemar
    Stinky said:

Those times are good for me. Any mods or other rules? Preferred alignment or classes so I can roll something up ready? :)

Also what's everyone's previous experience with the series like?

I've had a few playthroughs through practically everything except Durlag's tower.
    I like clerics, druids and swashbucklers.
    edited September 2013
    kelantor said:

I honestly think that Sword Coast Stratagems is not really suitable for a multiplayer playthrough. You basicly have to pause every turn and be extremly tactical. I am definitly looking for a laidback chill (grab yourself a cup of tea and relax) kind of group.

I think that's definitely true if you have 6 characters to manage yourself, but managing one character only it might prove true that it becomes slightly more manageable in SCS and vanilla may be far too easy. Especially if your party consists of 6 op player made monster characters instead of the relatively weak NPCs. I'm just guessing though.

I don't mind either way really. :)
    Valdemar said:

I've had a few playthroughs through practically everything except Durlag's tower.
    I like clerics, druids and swashbucklers.

I guess we'll just do whatever when we start. I'll whip my pathological desire to plan everything out meticulously into quiet submission.
    Valdemar
    Totally doing a Sorcerer.
    Valdemar
  • SuperOtisSuperOtis Member Posts: 2
    Can I join in? I've beaten the game twice, and done basically everything in the game. I even own the original 6 disk version. I'd probably roll with either an archer or a fighter/wizard
    Valdemar
    @Kelantor So what's happening? We got 5 people. Or did you want to wait for a final person?
  • alnairalnair Member Posts: 561
    How many evening a week would you like to play? I could probably manage one or two at most (weekdays, not weekends). If that's suitable, I'd be interested and not picky at all about the class :)
    I'll have to apologize and have admit that I have no clue. I was looking for a group and planning these kinds of things out with schedhuling the times is really not my competence. If some one of you would be willing to take up the lead and set a time, I would gladly join in as a player.
    edited September 2013
    Lol, when you made the comment about who would be willing to lead the party I did not think you meant it literally. Thought it was just about how you did not have the bandwidth to host.

Alright guys, I want a game so this is how its gonna happen. Working with the time zone Kel has set, we are playing earliest at 20 CEST find out how this corresponds to your own local time. I would like to play today as soon as possible but if not the other days I would choose are as follows but are fully subject to change based if the people here who have alrdy posted cant make those times.

Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday - Edited thanks to replies

This many days because my time is very open but again can change if you tell me. I now have a ending time thanks to replies and it is 01:00 CEST. Ill pm my skype name if you want to talk in voice chat.

Edited thanks to replies
    Post edited by Webbz on
  • alnairalnair Member Posts: 561
    I'm in CEST too, but 16 is way too early for me. The earliest time frame possible for me would be 20 to 24 (starting tomorrow). Friday and Saturday are out, other days may work.
    Woop! I'm good for any time between 20:00 and 01:00 CEST every day except wednesday and friday. I've added you on Skype and though i might not be online very often feel free to leave messages cause I will get to them eventually. :P