Skip to content

[(B1) BUG] The sword Kondar (SW1H03) can be obtained twice from Aldeth

BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
edited August 2012 in Fixed
OBSERVED:
When you're in the Cloakwood Forest (AR2200) and come upon Aldeth, you can either kill him or pickpocket him for his sword. If you pickpocket him and then assist him against the druids, you can meet him again in BG City where you can either pickpocket the same sword again or gain it as a quest reward.

EXPECTED:
Make the SW1H03 that's in the Quickitem 3 slot of ALDETH.CRE non-stealable. That or make two in his inventory- one that he's wielding (since he's presently wielding a simple short sword despite having a magic bastard sword in inventory) and one non-stealable (but droppable) that is intended only for award. That or make an ALDETH2.CRE to replace the one in BGCity and change the original ALDETH.CRE to wield a droppable/ not stealable SW1H03. You get the idea. ;-)
Post edited by Bhryaen on

Comments

• LuneverLunever Member Posts: 307
    If I remember correctly, I was able to steal it twice AND get a third one as a reward, and in ToSC/werwolf island I got a Kondar again. T'was nice to have 2 rangers with 4 Kondars battle the werwolves.
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    @Lunever
    The 3rd may be possible- never managed it- but the 4th is likely actually not a Kondar but a Balduran weapon, I believe. It's usually the only thing I ever have at that point to kill that bloody Loup Garou boss, having to raid a chest during combat in order to equip it...
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Last time I did that fight I think the Balduran butter knife also worked.

The fight was a royal pain in the ass regardless though.
  • SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    edited July 2012
    checking this one now

Aldeth is now using the sword and it cannot be stolen.

And it still works as a quest reward, or dropped on death.

Potentially fixed
    Post edited by SethDavis on
    @SethDavis
    Did you also correct the Aldeth in BG City? Or is it the same NPC just moved over?
  • SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    @Bhryaen - Same dude
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Confirmed change in editor - He is wielding the single sword now, whether it is stealable needs an ingame check.
    Confirmed there is only one aldeth :)
    Eh, I skipped this. I can try to confirm this kind of stuff too.
    I can confirm that you can't pickpocket the sword off of Aldeth, either in the Cloakwood or in Baldur's Gate. But you currently can't complete the quest due to several issues, so I can't check if we get it as a reward.
    I also confirmed the non-pickpocketable sword (though a dead Aldeth gives it freely). I suppose this goes to Confirmed Not Fixed due to issues with Aldeth not showing up in AR1100 by the Merchant League Building.
    @Bhryaen

What issues with Aldeth not appearing in AR1100?
    @Tanthalas
    Oh... well, I just tried Aldeth-spotting and, after saving him and letting him walk away he wasn't in BG City, thought that was the issue you meant... Just redid it though and there he is after all... I hadn't CLUAd up to Chap 5 the first time though- maybe a part of it?
    edited August 2012
    @Bhryaen
    Yeah, if you don't CLUA up to chapter 5 he doesn't appear.

I was talking about another problem where Aldeth isn't opening the door to the Merchant's Consortium so we can't enter.
    @Tanthalas
    lol... just discovered that you can pickpocket him for his diamond and potion of heroism twice, however- Cloakwood and as soon as you see him in BG City... and maybe again if he spawns anew inside the Merchant Consortium building...
    Yeah, you can keep pickpocketing those.

But if you pickpocket the potion, he don't get it as a reward after dealing with the druids.

My interpretation is that he likes to run around with a Diamond and potion in his pocket so he keeps buying new ones when he loses those.
    @Bhryaen
    Technically you counted this one as fixed right? The other Aldeth issues are already being taken care of in another thread.
    @Tanthalas
    I suppose... but it's not like we can test it from the start of contact with Aldeth to his departure yet. I figured we'd just leave this one in Unconfirmed until the door finally gets fixed and address it then.
    ok
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Confirmed fixed
    Pickpocket not possible, but he gives me the sword later. The door is fixed for me.
    Confirmed Fixed in Build 0815

In every encounter it was impossible to pickpocket the sword from Aldeth and he gave it as a final reward.