Skip to content

Please add Favoured Soul!

MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
Here's the official description:

Favored souls cast divine spells by means of an innate connection rather than through laborious training and prayer, so their divine connection is natural rather than learned.

This class would open up a sorcerer like casting for the divine side of things. It's one of the few classes that would really expand the way you can play this game. I mean having something like DD is nice and all, but in the end difference to regular warrior are relatively minor.

So if you ever add more kits please consider adding the Favoured Soul.

Comments

• kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    They use spontaneous cast system, same as sorcerer, to cast spells. But they advantages and abilities goes far deeper than the spontaneous cast system.

By the way, @Dee, can you merge the thread with this one?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    We'll use that older thread as a reference, but I'm interested to see what new discussions might bring to the table.
    Personal feelings or possibilities @Dee? By the way, if you want to see what new this thread can bring, feel free to edit off the link i posted above, so we get a non-biased view of the kit avoiding the influence the old thread can bring.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I'm fine leaving it there as a reference for people (so that when someone says "Look at the old thread", you don't have to go hunting for it). People tend to shy away from longer discussions, so sometimes it's better to start "from scratch".
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    A divine sorcerer?

I like the idea... But would it be mage like in hit point, xp development and be limited in its use of armour and weapons like a mage... Which I would prefer OR would it be cleric like... (Which would make the cleric class irrelevant... Not like the cleric kits did that already mind...
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    edited September 2013
    I'm fairly leery, as mentioned in the previous thread, that it'll be a pain to implement without being the one of the most broken classes yet implemented.

It's why I dislike drawing from 3rd edition material.....there are several fundamental differences between 2nd and 3rd, the power-scaling being one of the most apparent, and it takes much more care to implement a conversion without making it stupidly overpowered while retaining the spirit of the source material especially since BG is so barely implemented, there isn't much stuff you have to work with when making penalties.
    Post edited by ZanathKariashi on
    Well, all i had to say about Favored Soul i did in the past thread, i have nothing to add anymore let's see how people will work the idea here.