Skip to content

The Fishermen and the Priestess (Spoiler Alert)

Dragonfolk2000Dragonfolk2000 Member Posts: 377
edited September 2013 in Archive (General Discussion)
So... I sided with the priestess and I gotta know: is Talos gonna strike me down or something? Tenya also mentioned that Umberlee will reward me in due time... can I actually expect anything?

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    No repercussions from Talos and Umberlee might reward you in time in a roundabout fashion depending on if you pick up a particular quest and how you go about solving it.
  • Dragonfolk2000Dragonfolk2000 Member Posts: 377
    Shin said:

No repercussions from Talos and Umberlee might reward you in time in a roundabout fashion depending on if you pick up a particular quest and how you go about solving it.

More specifically which quest? The one where I have a poison that'll kill me in 10 days or the one where we want the kid's body back?
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    The latter one - ask for Tenya at the Umberlant temple and she'll repay the favour you did her.
  • Dragonfolk2000Dragonfolk2000 Member Posts: 377
    Cool, thanks.
  • wissenschaftwissenschaft Member Posts: 229
    Shin said:

The latter one - ask for Tenya at the Umberlant temple and she'll repay the favour you did her.

I never knew that. LOL. In all these years...........lol

Thanks.

ShinFredjo
  • XerxesVXerxesV Member Posts: 187
    The kid's body. Normally the temple charges 1 or 2 thousand gold for the body, but if you side with the priestess earlier I think you get him for free. Either way it's worth it for the shield. I've only ever done that once. Now for some reason I always end up making both sides mad. I think it's a glitch of some kind. She attacks me even after I agree to help her.

Also, one time I killed all of the priestesses in the temple without losing reputation. That might be a glitch too.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    I usually just kill all the priestesses to get the body, after the poison quest.
    XerxesV said:

The kid's body. Normally the temple charges 1 or 2 thousand gold for the body, but if you side with the priestess earlier I think you get him for free. Either way it's worth it for the shield. I've only ever done that once. Now for some reason I always end up making both sides mad. I think it's a glitch of some kind. She attacks me even after I agree to help her.

Also, one time I killed all of the priestesses in the temple without losing reputation. That might be a glitch too.
    Its not a glitch, the Umberlee girl will attack you whens he first sees you. The key is to do a little damage to her but DO NOT kill her. She will then calm down and ask for your help. I did not know you could get a shield from the quest. How do you get it? Whos body do you need to take to the temple?

• Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    edited September 2013

XerxesV said:

Its not a glitch, the Umberlee girl will attack you whens he first sees you. The key is to do a little damage to her but DO NOT kill her. She will then calm down and ask for your help. I did not know you could get a shield from the quest. How do you get it? Whos body do you need to take to the temple?

You don't take a body to the temple. You get a body from the temple.

In BG W section a boy will come up to you and ask for help. Follow him into the house and a man will ask you to retrieve his son's body from the temple of Umberlee. Go to the temple. If you helped Tenya, she will give you the body. XerxesV said you can pay for the body if you didn't help Tenya, but I've never tried that, since you can also just kill all the priestesses to get the body, with no loss of rep. Bring the body back to the man in W section and he'll give you a Large Shield +1, +4 vs Missiles.
    Ah, thats the quest you get that awesome shield from. Ok, I've completed that quest, I just don't think I've ever noticed before the connection with the earlier quest. Silly me. lol