Skip to content

NPC attributes incompatibility

pacekpacek Member Posts: 92
With the devs seemingly hamstrung on altering any original content, I've recently realised an interesting problem (made trivial with modded Tutu or BGT - for whatever that's worth). The problem being that certain NPCs in the original game, namely Quayle and Tiax (maybe Viconia too, can't recall off the top of my head) are unable to use their starting equipment due to insufficient strength. What are the devs gonna do? To my mind the sensible thing to do would be negotiate altering of their stats. But now we're on a slippery slope, should they review all NPC stats (cos they too change up in BG2). I'm intrigued...

Comments

• AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    Well, they may consider it a bug and fix it accordingly :-)
  • pacekpacek Member Posts: 92
    But fix it how?
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    edited June 2012
    Either remove / lower the requirements from the items (which would be my preferred choice), or increase the relevant stat until it meets the requirements.
  • ZakerosZakeros Member Posts: 75
    That's a good point, and I think it was mentioned devs are going to adjust BG1 character stats to eliminate the differences between BG1 and BG2 NPCs stats, for example Jaheira have 14 of Dexterity in BG1, 17 in BG2, Viconia 15 Wisdom and 15 Charisma in BG1, while 18 wis 14 cha in BG2. Edwin's getting one Wisdom point in BG2, Minsc one Dexterity and one Constitution points. I know it can be explained by using grimuars or just getting better ;) but I think it was mentioned it'll be made even.
  • pacekpacek Member Posts: 92
    edited June 2012
    I'd be interested what @TrentOster reckons
    Post edited by pacek on