Skip to content

What's our average age?

124»

Comments

• gavinwungavinwun Member Posts: 2

What is our average age? Are we all family supporting 20 something's? 30 something's?

I'm 29, father of 5 from Australia, been playing BG on and off since 99'

I am 28 father of 2 from NZ. Thumbs up for having 5 kids! I played BG and finished it many years ago (...fogot how many now lol..) I always wanted to play again and EE seems to give me a good enough excuse to give another blast at it again :D
  • RenshtalisRenshtalis Member Posts: 136
    @gavinwun welcome aboard cuz!
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    For a moment I was getting scared there with all those early to mid 20s. Then the 40s and 50s came out.

33 here, which put BG at the busy years of college. Had it come earlier or later, I would've probably given it a lot more attention.
  • SBRAAASBRAAA Member Posts: 29
    28 from Italy, love the flavour of this game, I still have my first savegame and character on a diskette! Dwarf fighter/cleric!
  • MuninMunin Member Posts: 95
    Found time to take care of a little business . I now have an avatar and pre-ordered THE GAME.

@mandigoman I played the Bards Tale and Thief of fate myself. Do those still count as graphics?

@Renshtalis Thank you for the gracious welcome. Just going by the numbers I may be an Elder, but I am sure plenty of others have more experience. I never played on line or with a solo character. Life had a way of using up my time other ways. But I did play both games, with and without TOSC and TOB expansions, many times with different characters and parties. Also, thanks for the heads up on the Bards Tale ipad apps. I may have to give it a try.

@Paheej Take care of yourself. My youngest is there too. He is the one who showed me how to create a party of my own. He always had a knack for technology, especially when it comes to games.
    Paheej
  • BoasterBoaster Member Posts: 622
  • nemesisnemesis Member Posts: 49
    29 from england, Still may fav game of all time.
  • TeddysolTeddysol Member Posts: 4
  • WoldanWoldan Member Posts: 41
    Male, 23, living right in the heart of Europe - Austria. BG, BG2, ToB and IWD 1 & 2 is like....80% of my childhood so BGEE makes me very happy in a nostalgic way. Ah, feelings long forgotten..... :D
  • StinkyorcStinkyorc Member Posts: 6
    I'm 47. Got all three of my daughters playing in 2002 on bg1,2 and iwd 1/2 when they were 4, 8, 11. I still think about how fun that was. The 4 yr old named her person 'Sam'. The joke was they changed char colors Or voice when one went to restroom.
  • JolanthusJolanthus Member Posts: 292

What is our average age? Are we all family supporting 20 something's? 30 something's?

I'm 29, father of 5 from Australia, been playing BG on and off since 99'

Do you gather them around and make them watch you play BG? I would.
    @Jolanthus no, however I do like to dress my wife up as Aerie and myself as a Kensai/Mage... It's why we have so many kids, we make magic happen ;)
    Paheej
  • BelgarathBelgarath Member Posts: 15
    I am 34 from Greece and when Baldur's Gate hit the stores for the very first time my family "lost" any sign of me for 5 days and 5 nights. I never stop playing the game and from time to time I have bought any other version they published. On DVD, collectors editions, expansions and stuff.

I was hoping that if I buy as many copies as I could someone would notice and will continue to make games like BG, BG2, IWD, IWD2, Planescape Torment...

My prayers have been answered starting with the Enhanced Edition of BG.

Long live AD&D!!!!

PS I didn't even complained about the 5 cd swapping every now and then :)
    RenshtalisStinkyorc
  • Corto81Corto81 Member Posts: 18
    I'm 30.
    And I figured I'd be among the younger people here... Apparently not. O.o
  • PaheejPaheej Member Posts: 126
    @Munin
    Thanks! It's an interesting place to be fo sure, considering the war has been going on for not quite half my life.

@Renshtalis
    That sir, is one of the best comments ever. Having said that Viconia was the only one who lasted in my party since she was so OP (overpowered). Aerie is just to whiny to last long in my party (or it could be because I treat every party member kill as a perma kill to keep that body count rising!).
    Renshtalis
  • Silver_MoonSilver_Moon Member Posts: 72
    Somekind of POLL is very good for this theme. With answers like 1-13 , 13-19, 19-25, 25-.....

I am 25 years old. And i played in BG2 Shadows Of Amn, during i was a student in summer. Just played very very long...

• immagikmanimmagikman Member Posts: 664
    edited August 2012
    My Average age hovers between 45 and 55.... Located somewhere between Baltimore MD and Washington DC (on average) :D

Somekind of POLL is very good for this theme. With answers like 1-13 , 13-19, 19-25, 25-.....

I am 25 years old. And i played in BG2 Shadows Of Amn, during i was a student in summer. Just played very very long...

We have one
  • unfortunate_oneunfortunate_one Member Posts: 44
    Remember installing fallout 2 and being excited about blowing away mutants. I was so pumped up that I almost skipped the game trallier that was keeping me from exploring the Wastes. That tralier was for Baldur's Gate. Wow!

Fallout 2 and BG were released three months apart. Lost two jobs between September and Christmas in 98'.

39 from Northern California.
  • anathema83anathema83 Member Posts: 47
    I'm 29, from Poland and I love BG Saga
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    I love that we have so many diverse ages and people from so many different cultures on this forum, and that we can all come together to bitch about Viconia needing a new character portrait.
  • ShadowHunterShadowHunter Member Posts: 143
    I'm 14 and I play BG since I was 6 or something like that so it was my first real game that I played. And It's still my favourite :) BTW I'm from Poland
  • robinkomrobinkom Member Posts: 8
    Physically, 28. Mentally, 48. Maybe. It feels like it sometimes. Young kids today learn so much so fast, it scares me. Plus, I'm already set in my ways and teenagers tend to make me grouchy.

Anywho, I've been playing Baldur's gate since the original came out in that ludicrious tri-fold binder of 5 CD's! Ended up buying a whole new computer just to run it. Well, it was ONE reason, the other just being that it was pretty bare bones Win95 PC from 1996 so it was terribly ill-equipped to handle BG1 when it came along. But I'm happy to say that Baldur's Gate remains a fond early-PC gaming memory.

Before that first Windows 95 PC, we were strictly a Commodore computer household. If Amiga Workbench had persisted in popularity beyond the Commodore bankruptcy, I can't imagine how many floppies it would have taken to hold Baldur's Gate if it had ended up as an Amiga game. @_@
    NWN_babaYaga
  • Blad3Sing3RBlad3Sing3R Member Posts: 5
    25 here - fell in love with BG all the way back in poland, and now 13 years later, i'm here in nyc, with a tear in my eye, nostalgic about the countless hours, years I spent with BG. and the most beautiful thing is, I dont regret a second of it!
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    18. Been playing Baldur's Gate since I was like 5. Hahah
  • SallparadiseSallparadise Member Posts: 94
    23. Been playing since it came out, so that would make me 8 or 9 at start.
    I'm quite suprised that so many central Europeans know of the game. I didn't even think most Americans knew it anymore, especially in Massachusetts.
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    @Silver_Moon there is a poll, I dont understand why THIS thread is always up and the poll get buried.. :-p

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/2252/average-bg-gamer-age/p1
    Silver_Moon
  • Silver_MoonSilver_Moon Member Posts: 72
    mch202 said:

@Silver_Moon there is a poll, I dont understand why THIS thread is always up and the poll get buried.. :-p

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/2252/average-bg-gamer-age/p1

Thanks, i see, right now ))) And missed it for first time)))