Skip to content

Bodhi's dungeon infinite quest xp glitch

ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
edited November 2012 in Original BG2 Bugs
In bodhi's dungeon under spellhold, at the door where you need to turn in the crystal and the vampire's hand, there is a glitch where if you talk to it to finish the quest and pause immediately afterwards, you can talk to it again and again, getting a large quest xp reward every time.
I believe that on of this fix packs around tried to address this issue, which made it harder, but it did not actually get rid of it.
Post edited by Balquo on
HvitrEbrithil

Comments

• AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    @CamDawg - Is this something the Fixpack addresses? If so, I'm moving the thread to "Fixed".
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    It is, but leave it open--if @ajwz says he can still get around it there's something else we can do to tighten it further.
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    I tried that once to see how many times I can talk to the statue. After 20+ times, I decided to stop.
  • DeathKnightDeathKnight Member Posts: 93
    You not like exploiting glitches and stuff, stay away. Many people use the infinite xp loopholes trick, and like it very much. If you do not know about it in detail, and you are oblivious to the specific, required steps it needs done in order for the trick to be utilized, there is no faqing chance in hell that you will either notice it, or trigger it. It can be done ONLY on purpose, with previous knowledge. Haters stay away from the honeypot, so lovers do not need to loose their faved bags of tricks. Sheesh.
    sarevok57CrevsDaak
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    this is the 2nd time I've heard about this ( I've heard about it before, but forgot about it) and now that I know about this trick, I will never use it, SoA already has way too much XP anyway ( ToB needs more XP though, impossible to hit cap without some serious grinding) and since it is very easy to avoid, im never going to use it
  • DeathKnightDeathKnight Member Posts: 93
    sarevok57 said:

this is the 2nd time I've heard about this ( I've heard about it before, but forgot about it) and now that I know about this trick, I will never use it, SoA already has way too much XP anyway ( ToB needs more XP though, impossible to hit cap without some serious grinding) and since it is very easy to avoid, im never going to use it

In ToB, go in Saradush. Man the walls, equip range attack weapons, preferably ones with infinite ammo (sling of everard, crimson dart from watcher's keep), put al on, go to the northeast wall, and your characters will auto attack and kill off-screen giants, without danger of being wounded (except for the catapult stun of course); the giants are endless and you do not need to rest or have a visual. Tob's one and only infinite xp loophole.
    CrevsDaak