Skip to content

Test of Selfishness in Hell exploit/bug

In the test of selfishness in Hell, you are supposed to make a sacrifice. You can either sacrifice one of your companions or a commoner (the evil path) or some of your own abilities (the good path).

However, as described in Dan Simpson's walkthrough you can follow the good path and avoid making a sacrifice. If the companion who is abducted is hasted, they can rush over and open the "good" door from the inside before the demon paralyzes them. That way, you avoid sacrificing anything.

Observed behavior: It is possible to avoid making a sacrifice and still follow the good path.

Expected behavior: You have to make a sacrifice.

Comments

• CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    This is fixed by the BG2 Fixpack, which will be included in BG2EE.
    Montresor_SP
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    Ah, thanks! :)
  • DeathKnightDeathKnight Member Posts: 93
    If you can still import an exported character carrying a tome of dexterity (one of the penalties) and you can still use the export-import/familiar in bag/start new game to get those hitpoints back (another penalty), then ok. But generally, it is a bad idea. This trick was pretty handsome.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    CamDawg said:

This is fixed by the BG2 Fixpack, which will be included in BG2EE.

A shame, i always liked to bug this one, cos if i want to go to evil patch i have to permanently kill a party member? That doesn't work for me in terms of power and interest, if the devs are going to fix the glitch, at least make the deaths there to not be permanent at all. Otherwise it's like "be good or i will cut your power by taking an NPC you evolved from the very start of the game", that's ridiculous.

Can this be done @CamDawg?
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    @kamuizin the death there is not permanent, any revive spell will bring back your dead companion ( raise dead, harper call, resurrection, rod of resurrection)
    CrevsDaak
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    in core rules? From what i remember the core rules make the death permanent.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Oh no, this was the best exploit I found in the game!! And its going to be fixed...
    kamuizin said:

in core rules? From what i remember the core rules make the death permanent.

The might tell you its permanent, but its not, I've tried in Insane (I just was trying to see if the character was dying forever) and poor Anomen didn't spent more than seconds death, but when I figured my CG M/T became evil... I've tried to open the last door with Anomen. :P