Skip to content

You start a new game of BG:EE. What you do first?

Comments

• trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    Bjjorick said:

Drugar said:

I have succesfully convinced my girlfriend to plan our holiday one day before the release date. Now I need to find some way to distract her while I spend two weeks bull-rushing through BG three or four times. Perhaps some other good games are coming out in that time period, I shall have to see. Regardless, add "play it like a ninja" to the earlier mentioned list.

lol that might not have been smart, now when the game is released, you're going to be spending quality time with your loved one and looking at the bg:ee icon on your desktop thinking man.....just 5 mins......

this is the voice of experience speaking, but hope you'll have better luck then me :D
    indeed. i suggest you hook her on bg too and play a multiplayer game. nothing like some quality time together, staring into your own separate ipads.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Thels said:

Refresh my mind on how that works, exactly. Are you able to pick her up, and then quest/donate more to get Reputation up to 19 or 20, or is it stuck on a max of 18 while she's in the group?

And would the latter then indicate she would never bail out due to the reputation being too high?

If I recall correctly, it's actually not an issue because if you get your Reputation up to 17 or 18, she'll leave anyway (still Evil, y'know) and you'll get those two points back. :)
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    Bjjorick said:

Drugar said:

I have succesfully convinced my girlfriend to plan our holiday one day before the release date. Now I need to find some way to distract her while I spend two weeks bull-rushing through BG three or four times. Perhaps some other good games are coming out in that time period, I shall have to see. Regardless, add "play it like a ninja" to the earlier mentioned list.

lol that might not have been smart, now when the game is released, you're going to be spending quality time with your loved one and looking at the bg:ee icon on your desktop thinking man.....just 5 mins......

this is the voice of experience speaking, but hope you'll have better luck then me :D
    indeed. i suggest you hook her on bg too and play a multiplayer game. nothing like some quality time together, staring into your own separate ipads.
    true but if she makes a hot elf char, you know he'll be staring at her tiny pixelated ass.....

what guy wouldn't?
  • Greenman019Greenman019 Member Posts: 206
    Sue Beamdog for extensive and damaging jaw droppage.
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    I'll kill the rats with epic music.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Use the console to "enhance" my character.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Do (almost) all the quests in Candlekeep, poke my nose into every container under the sun, and only *then* do the Firehair Elvenbead quest and leave with Gorion.
  • LRECLREC Member Posts: 68
    Overhaul should force you to connect to the internet when you're creating your character. Than they could keep statistics on how many times reroll has been clicked. Crash a few servers :P
    install xp cap remover, make myself level 30-something, then not understand why i'm running away from saravok in the early cut scene........

then go on a rampage and kill every monster/npc/party member in the game except for the 3 new ones....

okay, maybe that will be my 2nd play through
  • AnduineAnduine Member Posts: 416
    After I spend a great deal of time designing both my own party and characters specifically for games with dedicated friends of mine, I imagine I'd just have to log in and stare at the screen, taking it all in.

I've always been a bit of a purist in some regards, so I would take my time exploring the areas, doing side quests, and completing the main plot in order, being sure to never skip ahead on anything.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Buy 1 stack of crossbow bolts from Winthrop and save myself the walk of shame.
  • AlderonAlderon Member Posts: 53
    edited August 2012
    Search every possible container for scraps, spend it all on potions of healing at the temple and steal Imoen's stuff from her when she joins. Then die to a wolf on my way to Gorion's corpse and realise I haven't saved yet.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Bjjorick said:

true but if she makes a hot elf char, you know he'll be staring at her tiny pixelated ass.....
    what guy wouldn't?
    I prefer hers actually. Less blocky.
    Getting her addicted to BG sounds like a plan though...
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    Going straight to the storehouse, I promised to kill the rats in there back in 98' and I've neglected my duties.
  • immagikmanimmagikman Member Posts: 664
    Will have to decide if I want to run a Paladin and party up, or a Mage and try to solo....I dont think I have any BG saves left laying around anywhere so it will be starting from scratch....I guess I could spend a lot of time Rerolling for stats or try out the editors to see if any will allow me to create the character stats I want.
  • SallparadiseSallparadise Member Posts: 94
    Finally beat the game as a Bard. Been saying it for years and never got around to it.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Selecting right portrait for my Sorceress.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Pick up Dorn. Lawl
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    @Sallparadise I did it the other week, and it's great fun. Especially in BG2, when you finally gain some power and actually *hit* something with that sword.
  • MuninMunin Member Posts: 95
    Get that Smiling Bob look.
  • Dragonfolk2000Dragonfolk2000 Member Posts: 377
    I will likely spend somewhere between a week to a month getting the multiplayer to work between me and my friends. When we can't all get together I'll be either playing an evil fighter dual-classed into mage or a good ranger dual-classed into cleric (assuming the glitch still exists).
  • raywindraywind Member Posts: 289
    stab Imoen in the ribs with my assassin and leave her to rot in candlekeep
  • FavreFavre Member Posts: 33
    Anyone there will go for a Solo game?
    edited August 2012
    Favre said:

Anyone there will go for a Solo game?

Yes and no. I often play a solo multiplayer game so I can structure my party as I prefer. I've never been one to force players in my pen and paper games to pick random genders, alignments, classes, and stats, and certainly will not be forcing that upon myself either. I have certain party builds that I really enjoy, and while I do experiment on occasion, I will be doing my first play-through of BG:EE as one of my favoured builds.
    Post edited by Anduine on
  • FavreFavre Member Posts: 33
    The problem whit the ''do it yourself'' party is the lack of interaction between characters. Well, there's not so much stuff in BG1 but in BG2 you miss alot of content if you chose to build your own cuztomized party
    Favre said:

The problem whit the ''do it yourself'' party is the lack of interaction between characters. Well, there's not so much stuff in BG1 but in BG2 you miss alot of content if you chose to build your own cuztomized party

This is true, but most of the interaction that happens is unwanted, as I demand that all of my party members be of the same alignment group. I have no tolerance for in-party bickering, which is why I ran with a smaller party in Dragon Age. Morrigan just would not shut up about Alistair, so the game came down to Alistair, my faithful Mabari warhound, and my character. Finally, some peace.

@Anduine: You do realize there are party members who are more compatible with Alistair's alignment? Why not take Wynne instead of Morrigan? :)
    Favre said:

This. I can't stress how much it adds to the experience for your NPCs to interact with each other rather than just the PC - it really fleshes them out as characters when you see that they have their own convictions and opinions. And I love that you can have arguments within your own party: just because you're all working together doesn't mean you all have to like each other. Viconia and Jaheira never went to blows, but there were some pretty harsh insults being thrown around... :)
    Bjjorick said:

what guy wouldn't?
    I prefer hers actually. Less blocky.
    Getting her addicted to BG sounds like a plan though...

true, but maybe it's just the love of my wife, but whenever we play together and she's a female char, i feel that attraction to the char, i assume as the char being a part of my wife.

maybe i'm just a big crazy, who know. :)
  • trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    i liked wynne... i didn't though much of her at first, but she became my favorite character from DAO. and shale :D