Skip to content

DLC: Interlude chapter

Hello,

what about an interlude chapter that narrates the happenings between Sarevok's ending and the capture of CHARNAME by Irenicus?

It feels chopped to only see a summary of the events at the start of BG2. I'd (and probably others too) like to know what happened between the end of BG1 and the start of BG2.
CHAwmungomunkGavePorphyra

Comments

• smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    This is currently where fanfic comes in to fill the void. For example, I'll start:

CHARNAME: "Yo Minsc let's go peep on that old lady at the Helm and Cloak. We just beat up Sarevok and I got mad hungry and need to get my grub on."

But seriously, I'd love to see something as well to tie the two games together. There is a lot to the imagination in between the games but maybe that's not such a bad thing I guess either.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @Grammarsalad What an excellent question!
    GrammarsaladJuliusBorisov
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244

Sounds kind of adventurey. Could be a fun concept.

Hahaha, excellent answer !
    JuliusBorisov
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    It would be fun, but seems like a short thing. You wouldn't level up, for instance. And we know the outcome, which takes out a little of the tension (I think).
    Awong124
  • mungomunkmungomunk Member Posts: 63
    well you could level up, but loose the newly gained power while you rot in Irenicus' dungeon
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582

It would be fun, but seems like a short thing. You wouldn't level up, for instance. And we know the outcome, which takes out a little of the tension (I think).

We know the outcome but nothing else ;)

• We know the outcome but nothing else ;)

Like in Crisis Core: Final Fantasy 7 which tells the story before the first Final Fantasy 7
  • AendaeronBluescaleAendaeronBluescale Member Posts: 335
    edited September 2013
    mungomunk said:

well you could level up, but loose the newly gained power while you rot in Irenicus' dungeon

Or installing that DLC could increase the XP cap from 161k XP to 250k XP.
    Starting BG2:EE with 250k XP instead of 161k XP wouldn't mean much of an advantage, just one character level in most cases.
    90k XP more content is okay for a DLC that should bridge BG1 over to BG2

Title suggestion for that adventure DLC: Shadows Closing In
  • GaveGave Member Posts: 66
    I had a very similar idea, as the happenings between the games are quite shrouded.

• Arsene_LupinArsene_Lupin Member Posts: 181
    What am I reading? Trent... Trent... you're acting as though this is a new idea? Prior to the release of BGEE you (frequently) commented on the intention to do a DLC "transition" chapter to bridge the events between BG1 and BG2, indicated fairly explicitly that it was a planned feature.

Remember, you guys were going to support BGEE with DLC content post-release, remember?

I guess all of that's been shelved? I suppose it doesn't matter, in the long run, provided you're able to fully integrate the new NPCs into BG2EE (which will require a great deal more work than in BGEE).
  • KratokKratok Member Posts: 42
    edited September 2013
    @Arsene_Lupin that project was "codenamed" Adventure Y. Now read his post again. :P

(It's likely that Trent just teased us a bit, meaning that it is still planned if not in development.)

I think it will be released post-BG2EE though as a DLC. Still, looking forward to it.
    Cerevant
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438

mungomunk said:

Or installing that DLC could increase the XP cap from 161k XP to 250k XP.
    Starting BG2:EE with 250k XP instead of 161k XP wouldn't mean much of an advantage, just one character level in most cases.
    Despite the cap, you do continue to earn XP--if you hit the cap and then earn another 90k XP, you'll start BG2 with 250k XP.
    elminsterBestopher
  • bardezbardez Member Posts: 41
    Originally, for Baldur's Gate Trilogy, Tales of the Sword Coast was adapted such that it was the transition chapter. CHARNAME was off doing Ulgoth's beard stuff while the city of BG got suspicious of CHARNAME. When he got back, the situation turned sour and CHARNAME had to bolt. I thought it worked.

As best as I can tell, 12 years later, the internet did not agree.