Skip to content

Do you play BG:EE with scaled or non-scaled GUI?

PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,185
edited September 2013 in Archive (General Discussion)
I wonder which of these GUI settings is more preferred among players here. Scaled or non-scaled. Feel free to explain your preference.
  1. Do you play BG:EE with scaled or non-scaled GUI?51 votes
    1. I play with scaled GUI
      49.02%
    2. I play with non-scaled GUI
      29.41%
    3. Other
        3.92%
    4. See results
      17.65%

Comments

• Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    There's an option to choose? What's the difference?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Tried both, currently playing scaled. When unscaled has centralized windows, I may change my mind :)
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,185
    Awong124 said:

There's an option to choose? What's the difference?

There is an option in baldur.ini to "scale UI" where you can choose to scale or unsclae your GUI.
    Scaled looks like this:

Unscaled looks like this:
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I play scaled. I just like the UI proportions better I guess.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    elminster said:

I play scaled. I just like the UI proportions better I guess.

Yeah, the portraits and buttons look too tiny in the unscaled version.
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    I play which ever is the default. I guess its scaled.
  • dibdib Member Posts: 384
    edited September 2013
    Unfortunately the scaled GUI looks like crap, so I'm playing with unscaled until they get some decent quality textures for it.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    I haven't got much of a choice. I play on an iPad mini, and if the GUI was any smaller I would need a microscope.i think beamdog did really well with the iPad version though. A few bugs, but they were very clever with the controls.
  • dibdib Member Posts: 384
    @megaloth I'm not totally sure but I don't think scaled simply means that it enlarges the GUI. It probably depends on the resolution of the screen you're playing on. At low resolutions it probably scales it down instead of up.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    I'll have to see the upcoming GUI modifications first before I can vote properly. But I can at least say that I enjoyed Archaic's GUI with non-scaled settings more.
  • GodGod Member Posts: 1,150
    GUI is for sissies. I keep it hidden whenever I can.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited September 2013
    Good... Nobody said they prefer to play in text mode only... But we got close to that ;)
    Post edited by mlnevese on
  • Night_WatchNight_Watch Member Posts: 514
    i didn't know you could change it O.o guess you learn something new everyday
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447

Right now it's a setting in baldur.ini; this next patch adds it to the Graphics Options screen in-game, so you can play around with what works best for you.
  • DMKDMK Member Posts: 14
    unscaled, cause it's much sharper!
  • upi00rupi00r Member Posts: 91
    Dee said:

Right now it's a setting in baldur.ini; this next patch adds it to the Graphics Options screen in-game, so you can play around with what works best for you.
    But will it (scaled GUI) still look like shit in 1920x1080 or will we get hi-res? This is the most important question to me and many other players regarding upcoming patch.
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,185
    I expected scaled GUI to be used by more players, since its default one, and many people might not like digging in baldur.ini. But as Dee says, the option to switch scaled to non-scaled will be available in the graphic options. I'd actually much like to raise awareness about this, so that people can easily try how both settings look after the patch comes out.