Skip to content

Add one more romanceable woman to BG:EE

EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
edited August 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
BG2 was 3 romanceable woman and 1 man.
( It was not balanced, but it was long time ago and most players in that time was men. )

Now, BG:EE will have 2 men and 1 woman ?
I dont know whether is it revenge after BG2, but please do it right this time and add one more romanceable woman.

With only one woman we dont have any choice.
Women can choice between two men and men have´t any options.
Post edited by Edvin on

Comments

• EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    jcompton said:

Just keep walking downwind of Jaheira and repeating to yourself, "My day will come. My day will come. My day will come..."

I can always kill Khalid ( she dont see me do that ) and start her romance immediately :D
  • PigeonPigeon Member Posts: 6
    Or just make one of the guys bisexual.
  • RazorRazor Member Posts: 436
    @Edvin: You do have a point there! though I don't really want to talk more about these matters because of the controversy. If male straight players -still- really are the majority of BG players then I'll add my voice to theirs when a vast amount of them asks for what you are asking. If no one cares or if everyone wants bisexual npcs, then, my opinion is irrelevant anyway.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Edvin said:

Pigeon said:

Oh please, dont do that.
    Yeah, agree with that.

Making gay npcs = fine
    Making straight npcs = fine
    Making bi npcs = lazy
    More out of historical precedent than anything else.
  • PigeonPigeon Member Posts: 6
    Bisexual NPCs means possible threesomes. And with improved multiplayer, the possibilities are too good to pass by.
  • ego1steego1ste Member Posts: 88
    edited August 2012
    Well one more female romancable npc would be good :)
    Finished BG2 many times with all the romances, it would be nice if i could get different ones in BG:EE on different playthroughs.
  • trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    like i said in some previous thread-> dorn and rashaad for females, and neera and rashaad/dorn (i hope for rashaad) for males.

sounds like an equal distribution to me. besides, there are 3 options left in bg2. and very good options at that.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Edvin said:

Now, BG:EE will have 2 men and 1 woman ?
    I dont know whether is it revenge after BG2, but please do it right this time and add one more romanceable woman.

If you automaticly interpret two female-oriented romances vs one male oriented as *revenge*, then I'd like to strongly advise you think about the way you view the world. Because that ain't right.

• NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 279
    Pigeon said:

Bisexual NPCs means possible threesomes. And with improved multiplayer, the possibilities are too good to pass by.

LOL

• WolfheartWolfheart Member Posts: 170
    What's wrong with bisexual people? There's tons of them! I mean, I'd go "straight" for Amanda Tapping!
  • CommunardCommunard Member Posts: 556
    edited August 2012
    Wolfheart said:

What's wrong with bisexual people? There's tons of them! I mean, I'd go "straight" for Amanda Tapping!

I'd imagine the problem is that in games it's seen as a cheap/lazy way to maximise the number of possible romances: make everyone romanceable by everyone else and only change a few words between genders. Now I'm a pretty big advocate for non-straights in gaming, but you have to admit that doing it that way is a little lazy. So it has a stigma in the gaming community. Still, I don't really see the problem with having one bisexual character.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Communard said:

Wolfheart said:

I'd imagine the problem is that in games it's seen as a cheap/lazy way to maximise the number of possible romances: make everyone romanceable by everyone else and only change a few words between genders. Now I'm a pretty big advocate for non-straights in gaming, but you have to admit that doing it that way is a little lazy. So it has a stigma in the gaming community. Still, I don't really see the problem with having one bisexual character.
    Yep, that's pretty much exactly my reasoning
    it's one thing to be an actual bisexual and other being gay in one playthrough and straight in other. personally, i don't mind such economizing of the resources IF they are well written and believable in every possible playthrough. presently they are not.

but looking forward to see how this one is executed...
  • NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    Whenever I want to sleep but cant realy i read these topics, its pure boredom
  • AliteriAliteri Member Posts: 308
    ajwz said:

Edvin said:

Pigeon said:

Oh please, dont do that.
    Yeah, agree with that.

Making gay npcs = fine
    Making straight npcs = fine
    Making bi npcs = lazy
    More out of historical precedent than anything else.
    Making every possible love interest bi = you should ignore that because since you can't be both sexes in one game, the fact that everyone is suddenly bisexual is your player knowledge standing in the way of our glorious storytelling.

At least according to BioWare on DA2.

edited August 2012
    Drugar said:

If you automaticly interpret two female-oriented romances vs one male oriented as *revenge*, then I'd like to strongly advise you think about the way you view the world. Because that ain't right.

If is not revenge, then is it simply unfair.
    And why females always get fighters and males get only spellcasters ?

All what i want is one more romanceable woman ( prefer not spellcasters ) to made gender balance for all players.
    Do i really want so much ?
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Well, Mazzy is a Fighter. Maybe we can get that extra romance in BG2EE.
    @Edvin- to answer your question i suggest you read through forums for last 14 years. just google anomen.

besides, it's not imbalanced, on contrary, if you look at the whole saga, even with new characters you still have more romances for males. i don't know, but i welcome this developers decision for bg1. :shrughs:
    Tanthalas said:

Well, Mazzy is a Fighter. Maybe we can get that extra romance in BG2EE.

Is not that " original content " what can not be change ?
    @trinit - Oh, you allready played BG2:EE and ( possible ) BG3 ?
    No ?
    So how you can know how will be ?
    Focus on BG:EE please.

btw: I am for romance balancing to all BG, not only BG:EE.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Pigeon said:

PFFF hahahha

In BG2 females had only Anomen for years, so deal with it. It souldn't be that hard.

Well, this will guarantee that nothing is "hard," that's for sure.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @Quartz- Anomen: soft on evil, soft everywhere else! ;)
  • HavokaHavoka Member Posts: 1
    I always felt that Viconia should have been a possible romance for female protagonists. *shrug* As it is, neither of the new male characters really do it for me, so unless their personalities/story lines fit with how I normally play my character, I'll probably get stuck romancing Anomen again for the hell of it. Saving him from the vampires in BG2 was kind of fun, in a manly-man-becoming-a-damsel-in-distress sort of way.
  • toshirotoshiro Member Posts: 113
    edited November 2013
    To set the record straight there was no romance in the original Baldur's Gate, the only one in BG EE, is Neera, there is 4 or 5 with addition of Nerra and who knows maybe Hexxat. They had originally wrote Valygar as a romance but due to time constraints they cut his out and females were with whinny boy anomen aka enema, tried him in group once dumped his ass and never had him in my group again, but same goes for Aerie or better known as the whinner, I'll take Viconia any day still sucks if you romance her that she died. Though other than Aerie none them end well, better to become a god.