Skip to content

How old are you, bhaalspawn?

ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
edited September 2013 in Off-Topic
We had a poll like this long ago, but seeing as though BGEE has been out for a while now and has been on steam we have more people enjoying this classic game. with the publicity many people who have never seen this game now know of it. I was beginning to wonder if we might have more young players playing this classic, giving us hope that this generation of gamers can enjoy this brilliant game! :)

so, bhaalspawn, how old are you?

this poll is anonymous in case you don't feel like sharing your age over the internet, (I know some people don't) so you can vote and simply show up as another tally for no one to see who you are. comment if you feel like sharing :)
  1. How old are you, bhaalspawn?93 votes
    1. under 18
        4.30%
    2. 18-21
        3.23%
    3. 21-25
      20.43%
    4. 25-30
      48.39%
    5. 30-40
      18.28%
    6. 40-50
        4.30%
    7. 50-60
        1.08%
    8. over 60
        0.00%

Comments

• ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    I was about 15 or 16 when I first played it. It was sometime between ME2 and ME3 and being a bioware fan at that time and everybody was so vocal that Baldur's Gate was Bioware's best game ever I gave it a go. I never knew anything about DnD before BG, but I loved this game despite it being old as it is. From that moment I also began trying old games in many of the series I play today including Elder Scrolls and Fallout.

Today I am 18 and I hope that there are many like me dragged here by the EE or maybe even a little before then like me :)
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    I am 46.
  • Magnus_GrelichMagnus_Grelich Member Posts: 361
    I'm 32. I was about 18/19 when I played BG for the first time, though.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Lets just say my mindset (younger) doesn't match my actual age (older).
  • FrozenCellsFrozenCells Member Posts: 385
    24, I first played BG1 when I was around 12. My dad lent me BG1 which was a bit of a mistake since he never got it back. Didn't get around to BG2 till some 4 years later, don't remember why.
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    I'm currently 23, will turn 24 in June. I feel old already, lol. I think I played BG 1 and 2 when I was about 14/15 years old. I was completely fascinated by the games. I remember spending long hours in search of every item and gold coin there was to find. :p
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    I'm 23 and will be 24 by the end of this year. I first played Baldur's gate a week after my 9th birthday.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    I'm 21, and I first played Baldur's Gate when I was... I don't know, like 9? 10? Surely, I was a brat back then.
  • GodGod Member Posts: 1,150
    I'm sure there are a few mathematicians who could quite precisely calculate my age but, personally, I don't give a damn. I'm theoretically ageless, anyway.
  • Night_WatchNight_Watch Member Posts: 514
    25. Been playing since I was 10 =)
  • OneAngryMushroomOneAngryMushroom Member Posts: 564
    I knew I was one of the youngest forum members. I remember watching my dad play BG when I was 5
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    I don't mind sharing. I'm 48. It's interesting that so far, the poll results are an almost perfect bell-shaped curve.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I'm around 1156 years old...though I like to think of myself as being in the 21-25 category :D
  • Mrpenfold666Mrpenfold666 Member Posts: 428
    i put my self as 21-25 because im 22 in march, but i have the body and mind of a 40 ish year old, i rememebr spending many a day playing BG vanilla and diablo 1 and monkey island among other things back when windows 98 was around :D
  • alnairalnair Member Posts: 561
    I'm a bit over 30, but I put my vote in 25-30 because I'm trying to make a BG:EE fan out of my 27 y.o. girlfriend as well :)

I remember playing BG1 for the first time in high school, around 15 I guess, and spending loooong afternoons with BG2 during my first year of university...
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    I think I was 19 when I played BG 1 the first time. I'm 33 now.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    As @Belgarathmth says, it's close to a normal distribution. Statistics in action, my old Stats professor would be happy.
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    Im 25, I think I was 12-14 when I tried BG for the first time =)
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    At least one less than 18 has shown :)
  • XzarXzar Member Posts: 215
    Will be 30 on October 9. So i'm really conflicted about poll option to pick))
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Seeing some of these comments, now I'm feeling old.
  • DoublehatDoublehat Member Posts: 8
    I was around 10-12 when I first played Baldur's gate 2 and completed it. Didn't play BG1 until a few years later though. And now I'm going through the whole saga once again. Now I'm 23!
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    I am young enough to enjoy myself yet old enough to know better about what not to do.
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    Looks like I'm in the largest bracket. 26 I am.
  • AkerhonAkerhon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 614
    Will be 25 on October 7 :V
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    I time travel, so it's really hard to say.
  • AendaeronBluescaleAendaeronBluescale Member Posts: 335
    I don't know my exact age, though I think I am between my second and third century. Perhaps I'll make my fourth if I still manage to fend off those overly brave and foolish two-leggers in metal.