Skip to content

Pack mule

ZafiroZafiro Member Posts: 436
A pack mule inspired by the one over at SHS: "This mod adds a pack mule to the game. It will follow your party around and carry your equipment for you." To your behoof i might add, and brings a Don Quijote and Sancho Panza feel to the game is what i like about it. Thats it, not much i guess.
Post edited by Zafiro on

Comments

• TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    I think Trent did mention adding containers to BG1.
  • CadrosCadros Member Posts: 253
    I can't sell things! I think I have dragonitis as I love to hoard magical loot, afterall who knows when I might need some generall useless item/ like the look of/ has cool text.
  • ZafiroZafiro Member Posts: 436
    Like i said, is not much, i had nothing better to ad at the moment. I'm soloing IWD for now and the lack of space is driving me crazy, even with bags/cases i have to make multiple runs.

P.S. Adding, in Baldur's Gate Trilogy i can't use bags of holding, beacuse they slowdown the game.
    edited June 2012
    P.P.S. I just had a fight against a figther(The Grey Clan: Episode One) enhanced with electricity on his weapon; no way to reach my Boots of Grounding. If the game really is tactical enough in combat, it should make use of every elements the game can use and force the player to adapt; running the whole game with one set of items is boring.
  • ZaccaroZaccaro Member Posts: 39
    There's always Spells and potions. I don't carry every last piece of boots with me in PNP either.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    edited June 2012
    We wouldn't need a packmule if they just put in Scrolls of Town Portal (joking)
  • RazorRazor Member Posts: 436
    Well a portal spell wouldn't shock me, it's totally possible I think.
    But the mule... I like the idea but it's really not necessary in BG2 is it? I mean want a better mule than Minsc?
  • AzL0nAzL0n Member Posts: 126
    @PhilipDaigle

A quiver and a potion container would be good additions too. There were some in IWD if I remember correctly right? Oh and a bullet pouch would be neat as well.
  • LindeblomLindeblom Member Posts: 257
    I like the idea of a mule. But that should also include the chance of the mule panicking and running away with your loot (wolves anyone?), or being snatched by a wyvern. Not sure what the mule will do when you descend into the mines though.

I would also like to have the possibility to buy a dog or other animal that doesn't do any fighting damage or similar, just to have as a traveling companion.

To me this wouldn't affect game play but make the experience a wee bit more fun.
    @Lindeblom

Woah, that's one suggestion I'd never think I'd see. :D
  • RazorRazor Member Posts: 436
    @Lindeblom there are familiars already!
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    There's Haiass mod! (though I don't like it) Wolf companion
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    I would also like to have the possibility to buy a dog or other animal that doesn't do any fighting damage or similar, just to have as a traveling companion.
    Oh gods no, it would be the Dogmeat Scenario all over again! :P

Lets just say that I am a fan of anything totally meaningless that would somehow benefit my character in a non combative way.
    Familiars are for mages and are usually (at least for me) kept in the backpack for safety.

I would never trade my dog for some easy umber hulks!!!!!!
  • unfortunate_oneunfortunate_one Member Posts: 44
    A pack mule inspired by the one over at SHS: "This mod adds a pack mule to the game. It will follow your party around and carry your equipment for you." To your behoof i might add, and brings a Don Quijote and Sancho Panza feel to the game is what i like about it. Thats it, not much i guess.
    Only if you play a halfling, name your mule "Bill" and have to let him go before you enter the Nashkel Mines.

Isn't a packmule or Wolf companion going to take time away from the game to develop and design? I am quite derp with the technical parts.
    All an adventurer needs is a good piece of armor, a sharp sword, and a quiver of arrows. Everything else is transitory.
    He also needs clean underwear and a mom to comfort him if he gets a boo boo

I'm sorry to say, but some of you take this to serious; i never made so many posts on the interwebs like..never.
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    LOL!

I can't believe there are so many people posting about a 14 year old game! :)
    Oh well, just wait until the game is released, the forums will be flooded with NEWBs posting silly questions like how to memorize spells, or how to backstab.

• kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    edited June 2012
    Bag of Holding > pack mule.

Bag of Holding already on the game, coded and functional, so...
    Like i said, is not much, i had nothing better to ad at the moment. I'm soloing IWD for now and the lack of space is driving me crazy, even with bags/cases i have to make multiple runs.

P.S. Adding, in Baldur's Gate Trilogy i can't use bags of holding, beacuse they slowdown the game.
    Errr, just finshed a BG game with BGT installed, didn't had any problems with the bag of holding, but ok.
    @Zafiro Well, I will take these seriously. Even my own suggestions are to be criticised because the suggestions made here might actually end up in the game itself.
    @kamuizin, maybe i should have said "mega mod"; all containers slow down the game for some reason; i've removed a number of mods for a smoother playthru. Indeed BGT runs without flaw.

@Zaccaro, i agree some requests really need our undivided attention, but you can easily make the difference between imperative and not so important; after a while theres nothing really that necessary to add, actually i find the game great as it is, yet i still think running the game with one set of items is boring; in vanilla BG you dont even get to use quite a few items, beacuse you dont run into battles to force you change much, except spells, and i actually like some of the "useless crap" like the lore books and whatnot.
  • carugacaruga Member Posts: 375
    I think this would be balanced if you were forced to carry the pack-mule on your back.