Skip to content

Outcasts

Who do you think would fit best into the group of outcasts, loosers (not in a sense of power in BG, even a powerfull character can be looser) and misfits? In BG1 and also in BG2. Four characters are enough, I can´t play wihout Imoen. Power and class are not important.

Comments

• SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    BG1

Garrick
    Tiax
    Alora
    Xzar/Eldoth

BG2

Jan
    Cernd
    Korgan
    Anomen/Haer'dalis
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    BG1

Kagain
    Shar-Teel
    Xzar
    Kivan

BG2

Korgan
    Valygar
    Cernd
    Anomen
  • CutlassJackCutlassJack Member Posts: 493
    Viconia is the biggest outcast in every concievable way. Both above and below ground want her dead on sight.

Viconia is the biggest outcast in every concievable way. Both above and below ground want her dead on sight.

But she's only fun if you have her in a party with Jan and Keldorn *sad*
  • CutlassJackCutlassJack Member Posts: 493
    SionIV said:

She's even more fun with Rasaad.
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    edited September 2013
    Tough one. I mean, some are more mad than others, but none of them are really very normal or they probably wouldn't be adventurers... basically, I'm not really sure what you mean. Some are criminals, some are out of place, or outside society, and some are just plain odd.

Viconia is plainly an outcast.

Aerie is also an alien to the world, and a minority of one (since you never meet a single other avariel).

Failed test Anomen is a bit of a loser.

Haer'Dalis- alien. A bit weird.
    edited September 2013

SionIV said:

She's even more fun with Rasaad.
    If you're talking about BGEE then Rasaad/Viconia really has nothing on Jan/Viconia ;)

Then again nothing has come close to Jan and his banters since Torment.

Morte + Jan = Profit?
  • Night_WatchNight_Watch Member Posts: 514
    Yeslick
    Kivan
    Viconia
    Neera
  • Mrpenfold666Mrpenfold666 Member Posts: 428
    hmm for BG1 minsc (oh you expect normal people running around kicking but waving a hamster around?) viconia (drow), neera wild mage), and branwen (former statue)
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Minsc is definitely a Misfit. Viconia and Neera are both outcasts from their respective homes. All three are available in both BG:EE and the sequel.
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    edited September 2013
    Hum, damn, who *isnt* a misfit/outcast? Keldorn?
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    No has said noober yet!?
    Well here we go:

Noober.
    What about now? Are you going to throw rocks at me for mentioning this? What about now?
  • badbromancebadbromance Member Posts: 238
    Biff the Understudy.
    He pops up and says a few lines and everyone is looking around thinking - Who the hell is this guy?

What a sad, empty life.
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    One of my favorite all time runs was with Safana, Quayle, and my fighter/thief.
  • gelpgelp Member Posts: 3
    BG II: They were sentenced for crimes they didn't commit. They promptly escaped from their maximum security stockades. Today, still wanted by the cowled wizards, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the CHARNAME.

Valgyar (aka Hannibal)
    Viconia (aka BA)
    Jan (aka Murdock)
    Jaheira (aka Face)
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    BG1:
    Viconia
    Xan
    Tiax
    Shar-Teel

BG2:
    Viconia
    Jan
    Cernd
    Haer'Dalis

I hesitate to put Minsc on either list, as he is capable of forming bonds with other party members, plus he basically forces you to bring Dynaheir into the party which would undermine the "all-misfit" theme.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    I should add:

TOB - Sarevok.
  • velehalvelehal Member Posts: 299
    I don´t know why people regard Cernd for outcast/misfit/loser. Yes, you find him in a situation where he is locked in prison, the whole city is planning to lynch him but generally he belongs to the druid order, he is probably respected (he was trusted with the investigation of the attacks in Trademeet), he doesn´t seem socially awkward and he gets on with almost everybody. That players don´t like him and don´t use him is something different. From in game point of view he doesn´t look like Viconia, Jan, Valygar or Tiax.