Skip to content

The hypothetical weapons thread

2»

Comments

• DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    as an aside, I would be very interested in seeing how a fantasy world evolves warfare with the rise of gunpowder weapons and the shift to trench warfare.
  • GodGod Member Posts: 1,150
    A wide variety of choice as seen in e.g. Diablo 2 would be most welcome, although most unlikely. I would surely enjoy the possibility of using more diversified armaments, as much as I would enjoy visual differentiation between types or even specimen of weapons (e.g. different looks for bastard swords and long swords, different looks for unique items).

As for the holy hand grenade, refer to Armaments, chapter two.
  • Mrpenfold666Mrpenfold666 Member Posts: 428
    i think a nice broadsword would do, i have fond memories of using a broadsword in diablo 2 and smashing bhaal in the face repeatedly with it until he cried for his mother ^_^
  • blackchimesblackchimes Member Posts: 323
    This is a stealth "post your favourite melee weapon" thread, isn't it?
  • DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    Yes, my favorite melee weapon involves prodigious use of explosives.
  • SniiiimonSniiiimon Member Posts: 153
    edited September 2013
    Nah but seriously: two-handed hammers/flails (dat blunt damage!) and axes. Oh. And rapiers.

Make it happen. Please.
  • comebackhomecomebackhome Member Posts: 254
    Hafted weapons, I love the idea of a monk/rogue dual wielding sickles :)
  • taltamirtaltamir Member Posts: 288
    edited October 2013
    Amberion said:

as an aside, I would be very interested in seeing how a fantasy world evolves warfare with the rise of gunpowder weapons and the shift to trench warfare.

in BG implementation of 2e rules, ranged weapons require magical ammo to bypass monster immunities. A +2 bow shooting mundane ammo will count as non magical ammo with a bonus of 2 to thac0 and damage dealt.
    So, guns probably have bonus damage, bonus to hit, and when they become advanced after hundreds of years of refinement bonus to attacks per round. But will only be useful against mundanes in combat (unless using magical ammo or being one of the rare weapons that are so powerfully enchanted they don't need ammo).

Mages will HAVE to all have "protection from normal weapons" active if they don't want to be gibbed. Monsters with no immunity to normal weapons will go extinct, while monsters with immunity to non magical weapons will remain, although would be less common because there will be using enchanted bullets

I expect armor focus would shift from plating (although not entirely abandoned) to armors enchanted v normal weapons and ranged weapons.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    Yeah...I wanted to choose Bladed weapons (because nothing says hello better than a slit throat), but I had to choose the option I have chosen.