Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Script Issue

AlkaluropsAlkalurops Member Posts: 268
Why does following script not do what it's intended to do?

IF
	See([PC])
	See("Minsc")
	InParty("Minsc")
	Global("ELMinscDialogue", "LOCALS", 0)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
	Dialogue("Minsc")
END
I don't have Minsc in the party, yet the creature that this script is bound to runs up to the PC to start a conversation.

Why does this script trigger when See("Minsc") and InParty("Minsc") should return false?
Why does this NPC initiate a dialogue with the PC when the action indicates a dialogue should be initiated with Minsc?

What should I do to have this script trigger only if Minsc is with me?

Comments

• AlkaluropsAlkalurops Member Posts: 268
    I think I may be going insane.
    IF
    	See("MINSC")
    	IsValidForPartyDialogue("MINSC")
    	Global("ELDMinscDialogue", "LOCALS", 0)
    THEN
    	RESPONSE #100
    		Dialogue([PC])
    END
    IF
    	!See("MINSC")
    	IsValidForPartyDialogue("MINSC")
    	Global("ELDMinscDialogue", "LOCALS", 0)
    THEN
    	RESPONSE #100
    		Dialogue([PC])
    END
    So basically I have 2 NPC's, each with their own script consisting ONLY of what you see above. One has See("MINSC") as a trigger, the other has !See("MINSC") as a trigger.
    Both of them try to initiate a dialogue with the PC.

Anyone? Please? Pretty please?

• AlkaluropsAlkalurops Member Posts: 268
    edited October 2013
    Okay, so apparently my .cre had a DPLAYER3 default script leftover from converting a CHR. One of the parts of that script makes your creature enter a dialogue if it's not in the party. Seeing how this script is the default script for the protagonist (who - as far as I know - is ALWAYS in the party), I have no idea why that's in the script in the first place.

Damn, this game can kick your ass if you're new to modding.

Erg
  • DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 729
    It is also used by characters in a multi-player game, who can be kicked out of the party.

Erg