Skip to content

How do I make sure these mods are installed correctly/running properly?

ChocobubbaChocobubba Member Posts: 4
edited October 2013 in General Modding
I'm using...quite a few mods, and I'm concerned that some of them, especially ones sharing files in the /override folder, are conflicting or not working.

Helarine
Isra
Neera (Extended Romance)
Valerie
BGEE Fixpack
bg2 tweaks
BGeeAR
BGEEClassicMovies
BGeeW
bpseries
ConvienentAmmunition
DarkHorizonsBGee
Erg Ankeg Armor
IWDification
Karatur
kitpack
more style for mages
mur'neth
spstuff
stratagems (I know this makes the game harder by scaling their AI and levels, but does it boost exp like Charan's Max Harsh Faerun, and if not, are they compatible? [considered using it])
wmart
drizzt random encounter
packmule bgee
psionics kit

I'm just not sure how all of these will mesh, what I should/shouldn't use, and what order would be best to do this in. I'm not a stranger to modding other games, but this works a bit differently than what I'm used to.

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    I'd recommend looking at the Big World manual - look up your mods there and install in the order listed. It's been quite thoroughly tested, and also contains information on what mods won't work with each other.
  • ChocobubbaChocobubba Member Posts: 4
    Wow. I had no idea there was such a comprehensive tool out there.
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    The Big World manual is, as far as I know, for BG II and mods, not for BGEE and its mods. You may find good advices in it but it will only cover about half of your list.

The general advice is to install first all mods that don't come with a WeiDU installer (setup-something.exe). That doesn't guarantee complete success in the end, but at least it will avoid overwriting WeiDU mods content with a mod that overwrite files directly in the override directory.
    I don't know most of the mods you mentioned. You may always find mods that modify the same thing but differently so you may end up with only the last installed mod change or a terrible mix of mods changes.