Skip to content

Update for an old player

JonelethIrenicusJonelethIrenicus Member Posts: 157
Hey guys

Just downloaded bgee again after being away for a very very long time, just to find out that BG2ee is coming next month and that you can now play as a dragon disciple, shadowdancer etc

BG2EE is pre-ordered(my favorite game of all time)

So I'm wondering if you guys could update me with everything that has happened so far and is yet to come. Did we, who pre-ordered bgee, got our little bonus? what major updates(new areas, npcs) has there been? What have been said about bg2ee?

Fill me up will ya lads

Comments

• bdeonovicbdeonovic Member Posts: 86
    Not much has changed. There is a MAJOR patch that is set to be released really soon (probably sometime before BG2EE). It is in open beta testing right now. You can go check out the chatter about it in the subforum "The Road to v1.2"

It introduces no new content, just tries to fix lots of bugs.

New UI will be available.

Game will run on some computers that were not able to play it before.

Game is even more modder friendly.
  • PalanthisPalanthis Member Posts: 283
    edited October 2013
    Baldur's gate is one of the best videogames ever. The enhanced edition will only make it better and better with time.
    Ok, lazy answer, but still very true. Next two months sound very promising so you're coming back at the right time.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    We found bealoth.
    or do you know that already?
    I sort of just got here too.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    sarevok57 said:

a most interesting portrait for your name I see :)

The truth is revealed. Sarevok and Irenicus are the same guy. That's why you never see them together.
  • JonelethIrenicusJonelethIrenicus Member Posts: 157
    sarevok57 said:

I think that my picture comes from battlelog and when I created my profile it used the same picture but who cares both are awesome don't you think? ;)

• JonelethIrenicusJonelethIrenicus Member Posts: 157
    TJ_Hooker said:
    ah I see thank you, I remember something about Adventure Y or X, am I somewhat correct?
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Adventure X is "the Black Pits" a gladiatorial arena external to the main game that allows you to import your party or create a custom party. It's just a bit of fun and lets you try out character combinations and spells.

Adventure Y has been sort of disavowed. No news on it has emerged and Trent Oster has jokingly claimed never to have mentioned it.

You get new areas in the main game via the new NPCs' quests. Neera and Rasaad's quests both add new areas, and all 3 add encounters, dialogue and items.

There's also 1 further NPC with less added content who has already been namedropped in this thread. If you search the forum you can find out how to get him.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975

sarevok57 said:

I think that my picture comes from battlelog and when I created my profile it used the same picture but who cares both are awesome don't you think? ;)

yup :)