Skip to content

Babylon 5 RPG!?

Comments

• MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    Holy cow--I never even knew that this existed. I may not ever play it but I would buy the sourcebook simply because I am a fan.

I wonder if the rules allow technomages? If so, I wonder if you could play as Galen, who qualifies as one of the most powerful beings in the galaxy now that the Vorlons and Shadows are gone?
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    I remember seeing the original version of the game in a game store years ago (back when I was still into Vampire: The Masquerade/ The Storyteller system). Never bought/played it, though.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Someone once gave me a pdf version of this. Never read it all, but if I remember correctly, Technomage was a class. I can look, it should be somewhere in my endless vault of "things I want to read one day".
    Alright, it's a mess of several pdfs... I have 2nd Edition rules here. Classes are:

Agent (of a corporation, government or military branch)
    Diplomat
    Lurker (short info basically sounds like a classic rogue)
    Officer
    Ranger (Anla'Shok, though it seems to be restricted to Minbari only, guess it depends on the campaign)
    Scientist
    Soldier
    Telepath
    Trader
    Worker

Multiclass example is "3rd level Soldier/2nd level Lurker". I have a feeling multiclass backstories can be quite entertaining.

Playable races:

Abbai
    Brakiri
    Centauri
    Drazi
    Humans
    Minbari
    Narn
    pak'ma'ra

...and here's first edition:

Races:
    Humans
    Centauri
    Minbari
    Narn
    Drazi
    Brakiri

Classes:
    Agent
    Diplomat
    Lurker
    Officer
    Scientist
    Soldier
    Telepath
    Worker

Also found several adventures for both editions. Too bad I don't know anyone who roleplays and likes B5, I really wanna play this now. :|
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Then i want to be a Minbari just to play the ranger.
    I'll join you as a Centauri Diplomat.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    @KidCarnival Do a forum/email game.
    I would rather start with a Pathfinder or D&D game first. On a chat website.
    I'd be up for that and could provide the pdf(s). Would be nice to have more players tho.

I'd be up for that and could provide the pdf(s). Would be nice to have more players tho.

When do we play and when do we start?
    Depends. Who are you and who do you serve?

No, seriously, where would we play? Here in the roleplay forum? It doesn't say it's restricted to D&D, after all.
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    edited October 2013
    It's even in the Off Topic section. If someone says you can't, tell them I said you could and we will have fisticuffs.

Edit: Don't distribute your evil pirate wares on the forum though.

Edit 2: I mean your copies might be legit but posting a zip of them on the forum would violate the forum rules.
    Well, file sharing methods aren't a problem.
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    Irc is always a viable choice for playing. Darkmyst even comes with an (almost) automatic dicebot as long as the channel is registered.
    Plus coding your own bots for mIRC is super simple.
    I wouldn't even know how to upload anything that isn't a picture here, I could only mail what I have. Assuming I can get the files off the CD. It's old and I had trouble copying Might and Magic 3 savegames from it, too. Not sure if corrupted files or issue with the CD.
    We have always been here. ;)
    Drazi: Green.
    2nd Drazi: Purple.