Skip to content

Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition - Canon Party?

2»

Comments

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    I don't even know what I Just voted for....
  • Mrpenfold666Mrpenfold666 Member Posts: 428
    Coutelier said:

There's no game without Imoen.

despite the fact sadly imoen plays only a minor part in the main meat of BG2 i loved it, it made me love imoen even more and feel so sorry for her...but yeah...it -did- happen
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689

Coutelier said:

There's no game without Imoen.

despite the fact sadly imoen plays only a minor part in the main meat of BG2 i loved it, it made me love imoen even more and feel so sorry for her...but yeah...it -did- happen
    It goes both ways.

I used Imoen in about 9/10 of my games in BG1.

I don't use Imoen at all in BG2 unless i'm not playing a thief and i'll use her for Irenicus dungeon and then when she goes with Irenicus she is out of my party for good.

I enjoy the game the most when you're in chapter 2-3 and i do most of the quests there before going to the asylum. So when i do get Imoen she will be a much lower level, and i have already completed most of the game. So in the end i don't use her at all.

Same goes for Yoshimo, just not worth it.
  • MalicronMalicron Member Posts: 629
    Am I the only one that powers through to Spellhold? Whether I'm Good, Neutral, or Evil, I'm going to want to (in any order/combination) save Imoen, kill Irenicus, and/or learn more about my heritage. I'm a roleplayer primarily, so I just can't justify taking my time.
  • artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
    I'm just crying while reading the comments.......

But I think Jan Janssen is the only cannon NPC
  • arvanaharvanah Member Posts: 6
    edited October 2013
    I actually only voted YESSENSE because I want them to pile on Edwin vs Neera banter like there is no tomorrow. I'm so incredibly annoyed they didn't add any interactions with them in BG1EE. Hells, even if you pick her up after and do the kick him out re-recruit him move, they don't actually address each other AT ALL?!
    I want Neera to use her perpetually sarcastic mannerisms to annoy the nine hells out of Edwin.
    Especially since Edwin is now on the run from his precious brethren himself. If anything the two should be on the same team, if only for common interest and safety in numbers.

But as far as I know, you can't keep Minsc and Edwin together for the whole game without Minsc eventually snapping and killing him.

That aside, the canon parter was indeed Imoen, Jaheira, Minsc, and Yoshimo. I doubt BG2EE is going to go about changing that as it would involve rearranging the entire plot and set up of the game.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Malicron said:

Am I the only one that powers through to Spellhold? Whether I'm Good, Neutral, or Evil, I'm going to want to (in any order/combination) save Imoen, kill Irenicus, and/or learn more about my heritage. I'm a roleplayer primarily, so I just can't justify taking my time.

I've always been able to justify it (in-character) by realizing that reaching Spellhold is only half the problem - as far as I know, I'm going to have to face Irenicus when I get there, and he's overpowered me once before. If I'm to have any hope of defeating him, I need more training, better weapons, and stronger allies.