Skip to content

Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition - Canon Party?

SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
So the Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition website's background image has Minsc (and Boo!), Edwin, Rasaad, Dorn, and Neera. Do you think they could be the canon party for BG II: Enhanced Edition? Does this mean that CHARNAME is maybe a Cleric or a Druid huh huh huh?!

Ultimately, I'm just making fun of speculations that are based on next to nothing (sort of like those people that'd go "Cubone is an orphaned Kangaskhan!"), but I figured something fun could come of this. I JUST WANT TO FEEL IMPORTANT ;___;
  1. Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition - Canon Party?117 votes
    1. YESSENSE the canon party for BG II now has Minsc (and Boo!), Edwin, Rasaad yn Bashir, Dorn il-Khan, and Neera!
        6.84%
    2. NONSENSE the canon party for BG II has Jaheira, Minsc, and Yoshimo - > Imoen!
      58.97%
    3. sacry wizerd pls
      17.95%
    4. You listen to Aqua, why doesn't THAT surprise me?
      16.24%
[Deleted User]alnairFredjo

Comments

• blackchimesblackchimes Member Posts: 323
    Neera is CN, but I find it hard to imagine Minsc working along Dorn. Or Edwin.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Yeah, it's a rather awkward party - there's no way Rasaad and Dorn could co-exist in the same party, you'd constantly have to choose either the LG way or the NE/CE way. Besides, that poster doesn't even include the fourth NPC, and you have to figure she'd be just as important as the other new characters. :)
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    shawne said:

Yeah, it's a rather awkward party - there's no way Rasaad and Dorn could co-exist in the same party, you'd constantly have to choose either the LG way or the NE/CE way. Besides, that poster doesn't even include the fourth NPC, and you have to figure she'd be just as important as the other new characters. :)

Maybe she's hiding. Shh.
    EleutherosalnairSyntia13mch202
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    There's no game without Imoen.
    MalicronGreedySadist
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    @Coutelier BGII very nearly contained 99% less Imoen...
    Corvino said:

@Coutelier BGII very nearly contained 99% less Imoen...

Yeah... that was a near disaster.

Malicron
  • MathmickMathmick Member Posts: 326
    sacry wizerd pls
    SCARY_WIZARDalnairCrevsDaak
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Who is Imoen?
    KamigoroshiMortianna[Deleted User]CrevsDaak
    You'd only know her if you've ever played the game.
    PaulgMalicron
    Coutelier said:

Currently playing. Didn't meet any Imoens.

Coutelier said:

You're probably playing another game, like Icewind Dale or Dizzy: Prince of the Yolkfolk.
    SCARY_WIZARDPaulgMalicronCrevsDaak
    ajwz said:

Coutelier said:

There is a horde of them in the sewers
    Ah thanks, that helped. I'm not in the city yet, that's why I haven't seen any.
  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477
    The canon party won't change, it's just that Neera, Dorn and Rasaad need to be seen in the spotlight too.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    Imoen, eh? Aye, that be her name...
    Paulg
  • blazeheroicblazeheroic Member Posts: 37
    edited August 2013
    If I recall correctly, the BGII "canon" party was Charname(Fighter) Imoen, Jaheira, Aerie, Minsc and Keldorn
    With Keldorn to be replaced by Sarevok in ToB
    , so Imoen is naturally in the party.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    Or maybe the background image is a scene from the alternate, eeeevilll Canon party, where Dorn teams up with the Beholder and slaughters everyone before joining up with Charname, Korgan, Viconia, Hexxat (if that is her name), and Edwin.
    KidCarnivalDarkDoggFredjo
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    The usual canon party.
  • bill_zagoudisbill_zagoudis Member Posts: 207
    hi! this is me,my Harper friends,my little sis and my blackguard who kills to appease a demon patron!
  • PaulgPaulg Member Posts: 115
    lol, well that is an odd mix. minsc would never go with edwin. yosimo is lame, and you dont need a good thief in BGII anyway, just a good enough one. so i usually just use jan or nalia. and rasaad is useless in bg. and dorn needs more Con stat.. its awkward seeing khalid outlast him in a forced attack raw duel. lol. so in summary, i cant even vote on this.
  • recklessheartrecklessheart Member Posts: 692
    To be honest, I was always of the opinion that the canon party for BG2 would have Imoen, Jaheira, Minsc, Viconia and Edwin. You know, the characters from the original that you cross paths with once more in Athkatla. Yes Minsc is inclined to try and kill Edwin, but with there being so many NPCs there clearly isn't supposed to be 1 correct, canonical party. If there were, this is simply the one that I find to be most coherent.

For BG2:EE it is hard to say. I would simply say Imoen, Jaheira, Minsc, Viconia and Edwin again, because as much as a love EE, it is all additional, and in no way imperative, nor technically is it canonical with the original story and characters.
    BaldursCat
  • Night_WatchNight_Watch Member Posts: 514
    Char name
    Imoen
    Sarevok
    Irenicus
    Amelyssan
    Biff the Understudy

There seems to be a theme of your defeated enemy becoming your ally. Seems legit
    MalicronCrevsDaak
  • DarkDoggDarkDogg Member Posts: 598
    edited October 2013
    c'mon barbie let's go party .. heh?!?

hate this song!!1
    KaltzorFredjo
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    edited October 2013
    I don't think there's a canon party in BG2... Mostly just Yoshimo until Spellhold and then getting replaced by Imoen...

Minsc and Jaheira make sense since they're in Irenicus' dungeon.
  • TomeTome Member Posts: 466
    I actually love the idea of having a party with strongly differing worldviews, it's fun trying to imagine you're a leader who has to manage such opposing temperaments and beliefs. I tend to only allow CHARNAMEs with 16+ Charisma to have them though for immersion's sake.
    BaldursCatjackjackMalicron
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    edited October 2013
    Option 4 is tempting, but a party withe Edwin and Minsc isn't happening in anything other than fantasy drawings. I ha e grown quite fond of Neera though.
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    I noticed in the trailer there appeared to be two groups of parties , so I think that's where the images on the site came from.
  • Tome said:

I actually love the idea of having a party with strongly differing worldviews, it's fun trying to imagine you're a leader who has to manage such opposing temperaments and beliefs. I tend to only allow CHARNAMEs with 16+ Charisma to have them though for immersion's sake.

This is something that I haven't experimented with nearly enough, as I usually prefer to not have to manage my reputation to keep Evil party members from leaving.

BelgarathMTH